Menu
blazingmagnums
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling Contract

Has anyone successfully cancelled their contract due to being mis-sold a speed package? I understand traffic management, I really do, but surely it's false advertising if I have never once reached my packages top speed? Not even close in fact.

I've had to travel 30 miles into the office today due to issues. To say I am ticked off is an understatement.
0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling Contract

does this incl peek times you don't get your top speed is this what you ticked off about its a shame they do not think about posting this issue on my virgin media

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
blazingmagnums
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Peak times, morning and early morning (1am etc) Its beyond a joke now and they don't seem to care. Started to work from home due to the 'great' package and I'm now back in the office.

Feels fraudulent
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi blazingmagnums

I appreciate you getting in touch with us about the broadband issues and I'm very sorry that these have been an issue for you Smiley Sad

I am aware that there is high traffic on the network and this is something we are working to correct for those customers affected. I understand this has been picked up for you by our Mod teams and is being managed by them for you too. They will keep you posted on the review dates for this.

If you're thinking of cancelling due to service issues then this would need to be discussed with the teams via 150 or 0345 454 1111 on option 4 then option 5.

The teams would take this issue into consideration when looking to see if we can work out alternative options for you.

Please keep us posted if you do get in touch with the teams.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
blazingmagnums
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I don't want to leave, but I do want to know why I, and thousands of other people are paying for an advertised service that we're not getting. If it happens in any other aspect of life you get a refund etc. But as customers of an internet provider we're constantly shafted. My problem isn't a patch on some of the issues I've seen on this forum. 

This morning I got the fasted speed I've had since joining in July. That was 25mb on a 100mb package. Would upping my contract to 200mb make any difference?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi blazingmagnums, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

Anyone having speed issues such as yours are entitled to a part credit. You wouldn't get a full refund as you still are able to use the service. 

Upgrading to a higher speed may help but there is no guarantee so that would be up to you on whether you would like to take the risk.

If there is anything else we can do to help, you know where we are.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos