Menu
Lewismcg
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling Contract online

Does anyone know if there is a way I can cancel my contract online, I cannot not do it via phone as I do not have a phone line as part of my deal and cant afford the extra costs of phone charges. Is there any call back or online chats to help me do this, thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cancelling Contract online

That's not an option and the Webchat cannot help with cancellations either.

If you have a PAYG mobile, you can call in to cancel and once through to one of the thinking of leaving us (Retentions) staff you can ask them to call you back because it is costing you a lot of mobile credit.

Alternatively send a record delivery letter to the follow address about it: Virgin Media, PO Box 333, Matrix Court, Swansea, SA7 9ZJ

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Web chat - but it gets busy and it best done from a PC/laptop or a mobile device with desktop browser setting. Click on contact us link at the bottom of this page.

Phone charges are NOT excessive. If you have a VM mobile dial 150 - call is free. If not 0345 454 1111 is charged at national NOT premium rates. Options 4,5 are what you require.

No call back.

You could always write.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That's not an option and the Webchat cannot help with cancellations either.

If you have a PAYG mobile, you can call in to cancel and once through to one of the thinking of leaving us (Retentions) staff you can ask them to call you back because it is costing you a lot of mobile credit.

Alternatively send a record delivery letter to the follow address about it: Virgin Media, PO Box 333, Matrix Court, Swansea, SA7 9ZJ

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Web chat - but it gets busy and it best done from a PC/laptop or a mobile device with desktop browser setting. Click on contact us link at the bottom of this page.

Phone charges are NOT excessive. If you have a VM mobile dial 150 - call is free. If not 0345 454 1111 is charged at national NOT premium rates. Options 4,5 are what you require.

No call back.

You could always write.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Lewismcg
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the help, but the thing is that I am a new customer and I have a few days left to cancel it before I reach 2 weeks i think writing may be pushing it. I am on PAYG mobile so i will still have to top up before contacting them. Regardless thanks for your reply it was still helpful.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Are you on Virgin Mobile?

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
0 Kudos
Lewismcg
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Vodafone is the provider i use

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lewismcg, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us even though you are looking at cancelling the service Smiley Sad

As mentioned above, you will need to give us a call on 0345 454 1111. If you have a friend or relative on Virgin Media then you could ask to use their phone as this would make the call free. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

toewad1
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You won't be able to cancel online I don't think they need to beg you to stay.

0 Kudos