Menu
Kieran12
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cancelled my package.

Hi all,

Story behind my situation:

Today I have received the worst possible service from Virgin media that has resulted in me canceling my subscription.

I have been a loyal Virgin customer ever since the days of Telewest. So, on the 10th of October 2016 I decided to inquire about downgrading or getting a better deal than I already have, as I have seen new customers getting deals far better than mine and cheaper!!

I spoke to a lovely man, named Dan, in the retention department who informed me that due to being a 'loyal' customer I would be able to reduce my bill to £85 a month for the package i was on (TV XL, 50mb Broadband and talk more Anytime). After a little bit of a chat, I asked out of curiosity how much it would be to add Sky Sports and the new 200 Broadband and to my amazement he came back with - as I was adding a package the price would be further reduced to £79 per month for the first 12 months. I thought to my self fantastic, I can't pass on that and signed up!

Now today I come home to find a letter outlining my new package and was shocked to see that the package was actually £96.94, plus a charge of £14.99 which I was never informed about. Needless to say I was shocked and extremely angry - I called up to reduce my bill and ended up paying more!

Needless to say I was straight the phone to the customer care department who looked in to the situation. It was here I was told, in effect I was lying as the agent who agreed the deal, didn't note down any prices agreed on the 10th October. I was offered two options, add Sky movies for the same price (£96.94) or speak to the retention department.

After choosing to speak to the retention department I was offered an even worse package than the customer care department. I informed the agent that this is not acceptable and I would like to cancel the package as I feel I could get a cheaper deal with sky. I was told by the agent that this would not be impossible (Sky has offered me the same package for £77.15 per month).

Up until now I have had a fantastic relationship with Virgin and enjoyed their services even choosing to paying more than I would for Sky purely for the fact their customer service and general packages have been excellent.

After the dealings with Virgin Media tonight, I felt I had no option but to cancel. I feel they should have honored their original price as stated on the 10th or offer me the closest deal to £79 possible or at very least express an apology and remove the 'activation' fee of £14.99.

I pay the bill on behalf of my grandmother, but after getting frustrated at the way I have been treated I decided to just cancel it. Now, my grandmother feels she doesn't want the hassle of moving to sky. Is there a way I can uncancelled?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Kieran

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelled my package.

hiya @Kieran12 welcome to the virginmedia community forum, sadly the forum team dont get that invovled in packages/pricing, you could raise a complaint and possible for the call to be pulled and listened to by a manager.
with virginmedia they have a ‘cooling off period’ http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services.html#3
the fourteen (14) day period in which you are legally entitled (with no requirement to give us a reason) to cancel your order for the services from the latest of (i) the day after the delivery of the equipment, (ii) the service start date or (iii) receipt of the terms and conditions for the services. so technically you could revert back.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelled my package.

Hi Kieran

I appreciate you getting in touch with us about the retentions offer and I am sorry to hear that you were offered a deal that was not something we were able to apply for you. I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the forum community too.

I can see you've been advised by the community to get in touch with us to take this further. Could you let us know if this has been done and if you have been able  to get this resolved with us?

Keep us posted and we'll do what we can to help out.

Kind regards,

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos