Menu
jennired33
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Cancelled my broadband but I'm still receiving bills

I phoned and gave my 30 days notice that I was stopping my broadband with Virgin at the end of my contract in September. I stopped my direct debit in accordance with what was instructed by the customer service team member who I spoke with. However I have now received two bills by email for the last two months. I moved flats after my contract ended and am no longer using the service! Why am I still receiving bills?
Seb82
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelled my broadband but I'm still receiving bills

The same thing happened to us. We called on 30th of September to cancel our contract and we have just received the bill for another month to pay!
jennired33
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Are you just going to ignore them? I'm not sure why I'm still receiving bills - it's really annoying!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi jennired33, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are still receiving bills after giving your notice. 

Checking the account. it's still showing as active. I can also see the disconnection order though so I am unsure what's happened here. 

I've asked @Karen_A to have a look at this when she comes back in to the Office later. She will come back to you on this to advise the next steps Smiley Happy 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi jennired33,

Thanks for getting in touch

My apologies that the disconnection did not complete when it should have!

This was due to an IT issue as the request had been raised and was booked for the date you mentioned above.

I've reworked this and this has now completed for you as well as backdating charges to the date this should have disconnected.

You will receive a refund for any overcharges within the next 45-50 days once the account generates a relevant final bill for you,

Kindest regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Seb82

I appreciate you getting in touch with us about the issue you too have had with the disconnection delay.

For us to check into the reason behind this for you can you please pop back to me on the PM I've sent to you that you can find on the top right hand side of the forums in the purple envelope.

Hope to speak soon!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
jennired33
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for sorting that Karen. Is there anything else I need to do now?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Nope, you're good Smiley Happy

Just keep in touch if you need anything else. Take care and have a great day!

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
unhappy13
Just joined
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've got the same issue, although I've picked it up before the bill has fallen due. This seems like a deliberate policy to squeeze extra money from the unaware. I've had no luck getting this resolved over the phone. I'm hoping this forum can help.

0 Kudos