Menu
biddler66
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cancelled my Virgin package

Well what can I say, clearly I am not alone. Appalling customer service, I've been with Virgin for nearly 13 years. To be honest been meaning to sort out my package for a while. I've been paying £92 a month for the XL package, thats an Old V+ box, 60Mb max broadband speed and Talk Anytime landline. So I started looking around found, Virgin were offering on Uswitch Full House Bundle + Movies, New V6 Box, Vivid 200Mb broadband and Talk weekends for £55 per month increasing to £80 after 12 months. So I thought as a loyal customer, I should be entitled to some of that, how wrong I was. 1 hour later, 12 attempts to get through on 150, 9 of them just cut me off I'm speaking to Jordan. Nice chap very polite, told him the story, said lets see what we can do he says.

Offer 1 - Add movies to what I have - no new equipment - £85 pm

Offer 2 - Reduce package I have, charge me £66 pm.

So discussing the logic of this,

Offer 1,  I pay £85 for an increase with movies don't get new equipment and still will be paying more than a new customer after 12 months when theirs increases to £80.

Offer 2, get less but still be paying more than others on better deals.

So when I questioned this with Jordan, he said sorry it was all he could do. I said so loyalty counts for nothing then. He did not reply.

I know it's not Jordan's fault but I felt he did not care about losing Virgin £92 a month, yes that's £1105 per year.

So I have cancelled my contract.

Quite calmly Jordan said he would send out a package for the return of my Superhub, but they do not want the old V+ equipment, they don't make it anymore and it's worthless to them.

Here's the best bit after 3 months I can rejoin as a new customer on all the new benefits they get.

I have asked for a supervisor to call me to discuss this further, why asked Jordan? I have to wait 48 hours for them to do this, we shall see if I get a call.

Clearly Virgin Media are not bothered about retaining your business, something which I was told when talking to a guy at Carphonewarehouse, unlike Sky he said who want to keep loyal customers and offer new incentive deals.

So guess where I'm heading now. SKY. Like raptor1 and many others thoroughly disgusted with the way I have been treated. This is not a value for money company unless you're a new customer, loyalty is not part of your contract.

A word to the wise for all.

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelled my Virgin package

Umm yeah, SKY do EXACTLY the same thing.

Good offers to get you in the door, then it gets jacked up over time.

So does every other ISP. And insurance company and energy company . And water company...bank, credit card company  etc etc.

One of my friends has just left SKY, his average spend was around 135 quid a month. Exactly the same scenario, wanted Q+ but ddidnt want his bill to go up. Didn't even get a phone call offering a discount to stay. And that didn't include broadband.

Martin Lewis sold his website for what ? 22 million quid, basically an entire site telling you exactly that. Pretty surprised its news to you to be honest. There is no such thing as loyalty to a customer, only acceptance of customer inertia which keeps people where they are. You'll get the best deal changing supplier every time your minimum contract term is up.

biddler66
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah well recently as I have been looking at virgin packages, suddenly I get a raft of phone calls, telling me what a valued customer I am. Unfortunately as they kept calling when I was in work I was unable to find out how valuable I was until today. I'm far from naive but did expect a little more than we don't give a **** attitude. Even the discounted price did not make sense being more than the normal full price. Yes other companies do the same, but have to say this was not even a 1out of 10 on the customer service scale. Do you work for VM?

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

i would say exactly the same as kippies and i don't work for virgin either. new deals are for new customers to groom them in. retention deals will never match that no matter what company you are with.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

biddler66 wrote:

Yeah well recently as I have been looking at virgin packages, suddenly I get a raft of phone calls, telling me what a valued customer I am. Unfortunately as they kept calling when I was in work I was unable to find out how valuable I was until today. I'm far from naive but did expect a little more than we don't give a **** attitude. Even the discounted price did not make sense being more than the normal full price. Yes other companies do the same, but have to say this was not even a 1out of 10 on the customer service scale. Do you work for VM?

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

No I dont work for VM. I suppose its all in expectations isn't it? You feel you've been loyal to them for 13 years and you deserve some loyalty in return. Judging by the package you state you were on, you haven't provocatively managed your account and likely HAVE been paying over what you could have been, if you'd renegotiated every year. But that WILL happen with your new supplier.  Thats not a defense of VM, its a statement of how the market works.

0 Kudos
biddler66
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Things have now been resolved. A supervisor called back. Apologised for how I had been treated. We have agreed a package as to what my expectations were, so I'm back with VM. I'm now paying considerably less and am far better equipped. I can't say I totally agree with your view on things. It's a matter of if you don't rant a bit these days then no one will do it for you. It used to be all publicity is good publicity but unfortunately for companies people are much more wise these days and do make decisions based on others opinions. Incentives do not always seal the deal. Thank you for your dialogue.