Menu
Greenparrot7
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cancelled dads contract

My dad has had to go into a care home and I wish to cancel his contract. Tried ringing and it asks for password. I have power of attorney. Please what can I do?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cancelled dads contract

Good morning Greenparrot7

Many thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us about your Dad’s account and your wish to cancel this. I appreciate you joining us on the forums to look into this and a warm welcome to the community.

If you had known your Dad’s account memorable word then you would have been able to contact us via 0345 454 1111 to arrange to close the account down.

As you do not know this then, to arrange this with us, if you could send in copies of the Power of Attorney (PoA) to us at the address you can find on our Contact Us page then that would be great.

Upon receipt of the PoA documentation we would then send a confirmation letter to you as the nominated PoA once documentation is received, in order for you as the nominated third party to deal with and manage your Dad's account in the future. This will be sent within 48hrs of us receiving the documentation, and can take up to 3-5 days for delivery. If the documents that you send in are originals or certified copies then they will be returned to you.

To save you having to call in to arrange to close the account on behalf of your Dad as you would be sending in the PoA documentation to us you could also enclose a covering letter to confirm you would like us to arrange to close his account down at the same time. This means we would act upon your wishes with the relevant authorisation having been provided by the PoA copies and this would expedite the process for account closure for you.

We will still of course return documentation to you if we handle the account closure this way and would be able to deal with you over the phone once this has been noted on your Dad's account for any future interactions you may need to have with us.

Please keep in touch if you need anything else from us.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Good morning Greenparrot7

Many thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us about your Dad’s account and your wish to cancel this. I appreciate you joining us on the forums to look into this and a warm welcome to the community.

If you had known your Dad’s account memorable word then you would have been able to contact us via 0345 454 1111 to arrange to close the account down.

As you do not know this then, to arrange this with us, if you could send in copies of the Power of Attorney (PoA) to us at the address you can find on our Contact Us page then that would be great.

Upon receipt of the PoA documentation we would then send a confirmation letter to you as the nominated PoA once documentation is received, in order for you as the nominated third party to deal with and manage your Dad's account in the future. This will be sent within 48hrs of us receiving the documentation, and can take up to 3-5 days for delivery. If the documents that you send in are originals or certified copies then they will be returned to you.

To save you having to call in to arrange to close the account on behalf of your Dad as you would be sending in the PoA documentation to us you could also enclose a covering letter to confirm you would like us to arrange to close his account down at the same time. This means we would act upon your wishes with the relevant authorisation having been provided by the PoA copies and this would expedite the process for account closure for you.

We will still of course return documentation to you if we handle the account closure this way and would be able to deal with you over the phone once this has been noted on your Dad's account for any future interactions you may need to have with us.

Please keep in touch if you need anything else from us.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Greenparrot7
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

there is no address to send details to on link you gave me. Is there a not a phone number I can talk to. This is stupid. People die people go into care and they don't need any services. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media, PO Box 333, Matrix Court, Swansea, SA7 9ZJ

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Greenparrot7
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you

0 Kudos