Menu
PriceHikeVirgn
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cancelled contract after contant price hike and poor customer service

I was ringing Virgin to discuss my broadband contract which seemed to keep rising  every few months and when I rang them and waited for an operator after 14 mins they hung up on me which which didn't put me in the best of moods when I rang them again and had to wait another 10 mins.

I live alone and find my £42 bills really excessive for just broadband, they said they could knock off a few pounds but this would still be higher than some of their broadband and tv packages which made feel like I am getting ripped off, so I decided to cancel.

My friend said not to be so hasty and to ring back and talk to someone on the retentions team, so I I did and after 12+ mins they hung up on me again which made my mind up for me.

I decided it would be cheaper for me to find another service provider and the customer services can't get any worse.

Really virgin your customer service team suck

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelled contract after contant price hike and poor customer service

Hi PriceHikeVirgn

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about the contract options and a warm welcome to the community.

I am sorry you have had issues in getting in touch recently. My apologies for any inconvenience this may have cause to you. Smiley Sad

I can see since you posted that you have been successful in speaking to our teams. Smiley Happy

I am happy to see that they have resolved your query regarding the offer and pricing which is great.

Please let us know if there is anything else you would like us to look into for you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
PriceHikeVirgn
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelled contract after contant price hike and poor cus ser EDIT: Lied to and more packages added

Yeah I got a call from one of you members of staff the day after saying they could reduce my bill down to £28 and it would take effect the next bill. They even said the would increase my speed to the 70 package for free and gave me free weekend and evening call, even though I said I didn't need it they said it was a part of the package bundle to make it cheaper.

Next bill was £36.92, so thank you very much for lying to me and adding useless packages to my account to make a sale to hit your kpi's. I am getting more angry dealing with you than any other service I have ever got, that you and your customer services has gone to **bleep** in the last couple years you can lie to someone like this.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelled contract after contant price hike and poor cus ser EDIT: Lied to and more packages ...

Hi PriceHikeVirgin

My apologies that you have had that experience with us Smiley Sad

I can see you contacted the teams today and they have resolved this for you as the pricing anomaly was due to a missing discount code, not that the offer wasn't valid.

I'm glad to see this has been sorted for you.

Please drop back if you need anything else.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos