Menu
wellington35
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cancelled but account just "changed package"

So I cancelled my service with VM - mainly due to price rise but also really bad speeds (btw, good to know that the latest rise was due to customers asking them to raise the prices. Really. That's what I was told - customer feedback was that people wanted a price rise before Christmas. Oh yeah - and no-one experiences drops in speed in the evenings and weekends. Clearly everyone is just imagining that!)

Anyway, not received any confirmation but on My Account there is an order for "Changed Package" on 20 Nov and an engineer, date TBC. That date ties up but should be end of service. Any idea how I get clearer confirmation of my cancellation? I did get an email after I cancelled telling me that my package had been upgraded to 70meg with no strings. Strange  - as the woman told me that was what I was on. All seems to be made as complex and confusing as possible.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelled but account just "changed package"

Hi wellington35,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great seeing a new face in the Community.

Apologies to hear you've not received any confirmation. Usually as the account continues as normal until the disconnection date, you wouldn't get confirmation as such. 

You will see it in My Virgin Media though as you've already confirmed. 

I can see on the account there is a disconnection notice on there so things will cancel down on the agreed date. 

If you have any further issues or questions, pop back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos