Menu
JennyJ1
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cancelled account

I swapped from Virgin on 18th October and I can see from my last bill that I have credit.  I expected this to appear back in my account on my usual payment day but it didn't appear. I see someone else on the forum had raised this and you mention receiving a cheque 45 days after cancellation, in my case would this be from the 18th October or when I actually cancelled.  

I'd also like to say that despite phoning and emailing I still haven't received any packaging to return the tivo box etc to you.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Busybeas
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelled account

Hi Jenny

I am going through the very same process... which was disconnected yesterday ( services today) . I was told that a final bill would be issued within a few days of the disconnection  date (note: not the cancellation ), With this bill I am expecting packaging to return my Tivo box , then they will issue a cheque for the credit within 35 days, but then we are expected to wait up to 15 days for it to arrive in the post !

All the follow up starts from the actual disconnection date, NOT the cancellation date.

Like yourself, I received absolutely nothing in the way of communication about the cancellation, and had to rely on this very forum for updates and information!

Have to say, the forum help here, is about the only positive thing I would rate about the whole termination experience !

Good luck !

Busybeas

0 Kudos
JennyJ1
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply.  My disconnection date was 18th October. Despite a call and email I've never received the packaging to return the tivo box which is what Sky said would happen. I've had a paper copy and email of the final bill but no mention of when to expect the money credited. Typical, they are quick to take it off you but then make you wait weeks to get it back!  Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi JennyJ1, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear of the less than perfect experience you've had when cancelling your services. Smiley Sad

If you've not yet received packaging, then this may mean we don't need the equipment back. Double checking the account, your equipment can be recycled. Since you arranged your cancellation, the rules on what equipment needs to be returned have changed. Feel free to dispose of it responsibly. You can find your nearest recycling point here: Recycle More

With regards to any refunds, these are kept on your account for 35 days to ensure there are no further un-billed charges. After this we process the refund via a cheque and sent it out. Overall, it doesn't usually take 14 days however we ask for this period. Once this has passed we're able to then chase things. 

Have you received your cheque yet or are you still waiting? 

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
JennyJ1
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply.  I haven't received any packaging despite asking numerous times so as you advised we will dispose of this ourselves.  No I haven't received a cheque and as I mentioned it is now 43 days since disconnection.

Kind regards,

Jenny

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jenny

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

I can see I've supported you earlier regarding the refund on your other post Last Bill Credit

Please keep in touch if this doesn't arrive in the next few days for you.

We'll be happy to chase this if this is the case.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
JennyJ1
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just to update you that my refund has arrived. Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Jenny

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jenny

I'm so very pleased this is now sorted for you Smiley Happy

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Have a wonderful holiday season.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos