Menu
Scarran
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cancelled Virgin but it's still active, no longer in UK

I phoned Virgin on the 22nd December to cancel my account and stated that it needed to be done by 25th January at the latest. 

I have moved from the UK to the US and I am no longer staying at the house where I was but there are people there who no longer wanted Virgin as a service.  I have now received word that the service is still active despite the fact it should be disconnected by now and I am no longer within the UK to easily deal with this. 

Can someone let me know how I can find out if the cancellation is going ahead or to get things sorted without having to call. I do not want to phone Virgin UK from the US and get hit by a huge call charge just because Virgin failed to properly cancel my service. 

If you need any info I spoke with an Andrew Robson on the matter who said the account was marked to be disconnected on the 23rd January. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelled Virgin but it's still active, no longer in UK

I wonder whether it would be possible for you to do a web chat with VM from the US, http://www.virginmedia.com/contact-us.html choose 'thinking of moving home' as I can't find any other choice for your specific problem then choose 'chat online' from the pop-up box.

Virginia/Doctor9fan. If I have helped please give me Kudos.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

hiya @Scarran the forum team wouldn't be able to help much due to issue of Data Protection, you could try the online chat via http://contact.virignmedia.com (using PC/laptop) or using something like skype that costs around £0.018 per minute.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Scarran
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks all for the responses. It just so happens that when I checked today it has been disconnected. 

Not sure if it was because a new month just started but at least its now resolved. 

0 Kudos