Menu
HighLevel
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Cancelled Virgin Media services - Final bill?

Hello, 

I cancelled my VM TV/Phone/Internet after receiving the price hike letter in September.

Cancelled on 29th September so 30 day notice is up tomorrow (phone number already transferred over to Sky last week). Today I have received e-mail notification of a bill, which I have have logged into my account online to view.

The bill covers the period 21 Nov - 20 Dec? My previous bill (which was taken from my bank account on 19th October)  was for the advanced period 21 Oct - 20 Nov - So in theory I must be due a refund?

Is this just a Virgin Media billing quirk and all will be resolved in time and an amended bill issued? or do I need to do anything?

Thanks

0 Kudos
HighLevel
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelled Virgin Media services - Final bill?

Bump...

HighLevel wrote: ....

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi HighLevel,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you have decided to leave Virgin Media. Is there anything we can do to change your mind?

When you give your 30 days notice to disconnect, the account will continue as normal until the disconnection date. This means your billing cycle will also continue as normal. 

On your disconnection date the services will stop and a final bill will be produced a few days later. This will include any refunds, adjustments and charges. If the overall amount shows as a charge, you'll need to make this payment via a credit or debit card as soon as possible. If there is a refund showing then we will send you a cheque for that amount. 

As well as the final bill, you will receive some packaging to return any equipment you have. There will be instructions on how you can return this to us in the pack. 

I really hope you do re-consider leaving us and if there is anything else we can do for you, let us know.

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
HighLevel
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the information Kath_F.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

No problem at all HighLevel Smiley Happy

If you have any further issues you know where to find me. 

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
HighLevel
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Well my final bill has just landed with a £131 credit for services already paid for in advance- Presumably this will be credited back to the bank account my direct debit was taken from? As there is zero information on your not very helpful and poorly laid out bills.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi HighLevel, 

Thanks for coming back to us with your questions Smiley Happy

As mentioned in my last post, any credit will be refunded via a cheque. This is sent within 35 days after the account has been disconnected. 

If you have any further questions, pop back and let me know Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
HighLevel
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Apologies 

I missed that bit in your previous post

Wow a cheque in 2016 Smiley Surprised  I haven't seen one of those in years, don't know whether to cash it or frame it.

Kind of sums up everything that is wrong with Virgin Media though - Cheques like your Tivo boxes are an archaic solution unfit for modern day.....

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi HighLevel, 

The main reason for the cheque is because we need to remove your banking details as soon as you disconnect as that information we're not required to keep.

It can be annoying but we've found this is the best process overall Smiley Happy 

If you have any issues then pop back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
HighLevel
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Well I have now received a pack though the post to return your equipment - However the instructions mention a 'foldable cardboard box' (or words to that effect, I don't have them to hand), but the pack only contains a blue plastic bag and a small padded bag with a spanner inside??

Presumably the cardboard is missing? Tried ringing your customer services but gave up after 20 minutes on hold.

0 Kudos