Menu
fizzyade
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cancelled Services = New Contract

Hi,

I have cancelled my TV service (got sky q through an employee discount) and downgraded my phone to the lowest traffic (don't use it).

I just received an email from Virgin saying "Here's your new contract" that it wants me to sign, obviously there has been a change to the TV and the phone line being downgraded, but next to both Broadband and Phone it is suggesting that if I sign the document I will be entering myself into a new 12 month contract?

How can cancelling services enter you into a new contract?

Thanks

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelled Services = New Contract

it just does.

and it's not so strange, you have agreed to take different mix of services at a different price, would you rather they held you to the old arrangement ?

it is not as if you had 4 contracts and 2 are unaltered, you have a single contract which lists what it covers

0 Kudos
fizzyade
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Makes sense.

Tbh, it would be nice if they actually told you this on the phone rather than you being confused when a random email turns up, but hey ho.

Oh well, I have no intention of dropping my broadband anyway so it's an irrelevance and phone would cost me more anyway from somewhere else.

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

i have a feeling also that it makes no difference whether you "sign" it electronically or don't bother. you are contracted either way

0 Kudos