Menu
sprento
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation

I`ve been a Virgin customer for a good number of years but now feel a change is on the cards. No internet connection for some of last night and most of this morning. No landline connectivity all day. Had a reply from someone at Virgin via this community support chat but still cannot say when `phones will be up and running. I used this support chat earlier for some answers because I got nowhere fast with Virgin`s so called help line` or `chatting online`. I`ve had enough and now feel a new provider in inevitable. I`ve got broadband,TV and landline with Virgin (£84 a month) and feel surely there is another provider who can at least come up with the same package at a cheaper price. So my question is......anyone got any suggestions?? Also, does anyone know how long it takes to cancel with Virgin and get another provider and is there an overlap. Not too worried about not having phone or internet for a few days......getting plenty practice with Virgin`s service.

Thanks,

Sprento.

0 Kudos
AntoniJ1975
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation

I think you have to give them 30 days notice. I am considering cancelling after being with them for over 20+ years myself. I made a new topic on this very subject this morning and it seems the post was deleted, no warning or explanation given!!! Fine way to treat a loyal customer I must say. I simply can't afford the sky rocketing prices especially with this months rise. I have seen many other packages better than what I have now for less than half than what I'm paying currently. I thought internet prices were going down not up!!! Seems I was very much mistaken.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

AntoniJ1975 wrote:

I think you have to give them 30 days notice. I am considering cancelling after being with them for over 20+ years myself. I made a new topic on this very subject this morning and it seems the post was deleted, no warning or explanation given!!! Fine way to treat a loyal customer I must say. I simply can't afford the sky rocketing prices especially with this months rise. I have seen many other packages better than what I have now for less than half than what I'm paying currently. I thought internet prices were going down not up!!! Seems I was very much mistaken.

You mean this one :-

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Leaving-VM-After-20-Years/m-p/326303...

Took me seconds to find it.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
AntoniJ1975
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

thanks frank it appears they moved my post to another forum topic without letting me know...
0 Kudos