Menu
New1234
Just joined
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation

Hello. I am thinking of cancelling my Virgin Media contract before the end of the 18 month contract because of the numerous price increases - the latest being introduced on 1 November. I understand that this can be done without any penalty. My question is whether they would cancel it immediately as soon as I call or can I ask for it to be cancelled on a specific date - in 2 to 4 weeks time? Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cancellation

You can broadly have what you want but you are still required to give 30 days notice. That is why you have to contact VM within 30 days of getting the letter/e-mail.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can broadly have what you want but you are still required to give 30 days notice. That is why you have to contact VM within 30 days of getting the letter/e-mail.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
skeggman
Up to speed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Be careful though, they managed to hit me with a cancellation fee of £18 despite following their 'leave us penalty free' instructions.

0 Kudos
George444
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I had contarct since 1/02/2015, Big Kahuna, 152MBit Broadband, and (I never used) landline. I had 18 months contracts. I would like terminate service 31/11/16 because I move new home. There lives another Virgin user. I can't found it method on website. What can I do?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi George444,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us Smiley Happy

Apologies to hear you are moving and thus needing to leave Virgin Media. 

To cancel, give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111. They will be able to note your reason for leaving and take you through the cancellation procedure. There is a 30 day notice period so make sure you call us in time Smiley Happy

Let us know how the call goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

And what George444 can also do is stop making duplicate posts which I have already answered when he posted.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Can-I-cancelling-service/m-p/3238893

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
0 Kudos
hemelhenry
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

cancellation team are wonderful.  just got off phone services cancelled no hassle, no grief and no new offers .... surprised though as customer for over 3 years paying £120.00 direct debit never missed a payment and all I quoted was deal sky were offering

0 Kudos