Menu
The_GOAT
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation query

My mother died last October; she was never a fan of sports in the house, but when she died I said to my dad I would get it for him to keep him occupied. VM couldn't get close to the offer we had originally (well, customers services couldn't, and outbound retentions didn't attempt to get in touch with me on his behalf) so we opted to hand in the 30 days notice.

The date of cancellation was 27th October therefore running to 27th November. Towards the end of the cancellation he wanted to keep the telephone line (number) so opted to keep hold of the landline.

Fast forward, and the bills did not reduce. A webchat yesterday with 'Joyce' revealed that because the request was changed from complete cancellation to 'partial', the cancellation period was extended for another 30 days, which resulted in television services being provided for another 30 days and therefore 30 more days charge.

Is this standard practice? Surely you're just altering the request to cancel? It doesn't take 30 days to cancel, it is just 30 days notice, which was almost served anyway when the request was changed.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation query

Hi The_GOAT, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're wanting to remove some of your services with us Smiley Sad 

When you decide to keep one part, or all of your service, we do have to lift the cancellation request. This is because the order has to be suspended. 

As you've chosen to keep the landline, any other services would have continued too. 

I'll need to look in to this in a little more detail though as I can't imagine we would of needed to re-start the 30 days notice period again. 

I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Once we have you reply we can look at this further for you. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos