Menu
Busybeas
Tuning in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation not showing in My VM Orders... just a number ?

After being a loyal customer ( originally Telewest) with VM, The recent price rises combined with the ending of my 'loyalty discounts', I called retentions to see what they could do..

Absolutely nothing, followed by we can reduce your package by £3 a month for 6 months..

Hmm.. no thanks.. I's like to start the 30 day cancellation process please , as I am well outside my initial contract .

I was advised about the process, 30 days, ending 20th November, after cessation, I'd receive a final bill, and packaging to send equipment back, followed by a chque for refund etc.. and that they would still collect the November monthly payment also.

All this, reluctantly, I agreed to.. however..having followed the advice on this forum, I have checked My Virgin media account daily  to see if the cancellation appears on 'My orders'.. it doesn't.. just this  text :

Sorry, we can't show the details for your order number 7816508 right now. 

"Don't worry, we've got it here safely. To talk to us about it, please call us on 151 from your Virgin home phone, or on 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, and we'll be happy to help."

Why is is this so vague ? Why can't you show my cancellation order and termination date?

Is everything still on track for my cancellation?

Why am I being bombarded by follow up calls from Virgin Media  3-5 x per day, almost every day?

I have signed with a new provider, VM has clearly decided in my case loyalty means nothing, and would do nothing to keep my custom, so that ship has sailed..

I'd like to just conclude our business and move on.. but VM are making it sooo difficult !

Can someone at VM please advise my cancellation order 7816508 is still on track ?

Thank you

Busybeas

0 Kudos
Busybeas
Tuning in
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation not showing in My VM Orders... just a number ?

No response... but gets even better! ( sarcastic comment)

Now when I log into my virgin media, I get /can see even less !

Just a blank screen with Hi( my name inserted).. and my account number.

Absolutely nothing else.. not even what I had previously.. 

Not even track my order .. nowt, zippo, zilch, nada..

What on earth is going on VM ?

You are taking the exit plan to another level !

VM, please confirm my termination period is in progress & on track for 20th November ?

Thanks

Busybeas

0 Kudos
Busybeas
Tuning in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Oh, and naturally I have screen shots and a record of all this VM .
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Busybeas, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us even though you are leaving us soon Smiley Sad

Just a heads up, this is mainly a Community forum and therefore will take us a few days to get to your first post. Each time you bump your thread, you go back to the bottom of the queue. 

Checking the account I can confirm that it has been set to cancel and you should notice your services will be switched off at some point on the date you've written above. 

With regards to payments, as you pay in advance for your services, you will have overpaid by a few days. Your final bill will rightly be generated a few days after the cancellation and then a cheque will be sent to you 35 days after the cancellation date. 

If you have any further issues or questions, pop back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Busybeas
Tuning in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Kath.

Regards

Busybeas

0 Kudos
Busybeas
Tuning in
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Ah well,

only 2 days to go until my  contract terminates, though it would be real nice to actually see this on my virgin media account.

The original message continues to be displayed with no detail  regarding my cancellation other than a number and this text...

"Sorry, we can't show the details for your order number 7816508 right now. 

"Don't worry, we've got it here safely. To talk to us about it, please call us on 151 from your Virgin home phone, or on 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, and we'll be happy to help."

Why is is this so vague ? Why can't you show my cancellation order and termination date?"

Presumably, on the termination date.. 20th November, not only should my services end, but presumably access to 'My virgin Media'  account also ?

Despite having only 2 days left to run, I continue to receive up to 3 calls from VM..

too late guys...  you should have dealt with me as a loyal customer of 20+ years standing, but you didn't.

Oh and  I am already with a new provider...( I deliberately planned an overlap) and no longer pay any land line fee's... their customer service sucks too,,, but  it is better than VM.. the BB on wifi, not as good , but good enough.. and once plugged into a power network.. leaves VM standing in its wake...! 

Sorry it had to end this way VM, but your business model sucks, I was happy with the service, though not the price and the ever following increases...loyalty means squat to you and I just can't face doing this every time my contract ends or the price increases.

I never needed  BB faster than 50mb, and don't see why I should help pay for you to expand into other non-cabled areas, for you too tick the Government  broadband everywhere box, thanks..

The End.? ........ I hope so................ and will let you know, one way or the other !

Busybeas

0 Kudos
Busybeas
Tuning in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

My services were scheduled  for disconnection yesterday, ( 20th Nov ) after giving the required 30 days notice, however seems I am still connected ?

Have just logged onto My virgin media ( I thought that would go too) I see I am now in credit with a minus - £33.03  Smiley Happy

However I can't view the actual bill /pdf itself.. just an error message  stating 'oops we can't show you that right now'..

Order tracking shows the very same message thet I have posted previously:

"Sorry, we can't show the details for your order number 7816508 right now. 

So.. I am assuming the account closure is now under way and winding down ?

Also, at some point soon I presume, all services will cease and I shall be sent a paper final bill showing the above credit, together with instructions on if I am to return the Tivo box and router with packaging etc ?

Other than this forum, I haven't had any confirmation that my account is in termination / process of being closed.

I just hope our business can be concluded soon and 'stress free' please..

Thanks

Kind Regards

Busybeas

0 Kudos
Busybeas
Tuning in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Oh and do I need to / or is best to cancel the DD for VM with my bank ?

As it appears VM owe me, and any refund is supposedly sent by snail mail in form of a cheque, there should be no further need for VM to collect any monies from me via a direct debit?

Therefore, is it safe for me to cancel the direct debit now ?

Advice appreciated,
Thanks
Busybeas
0 Kudos
Busybeas
Tuning in
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

update : My Virgin Media page now says 'account disconnected'.. and indeed  TV , broadband and phone services are too.

it also states I have access to emails and my vm, for up to 90 days...not that I need it anyway thanks.

Just the final bill / refund and return of equipment to  end  our relationship VM.

Thanks to the VM community in getting this divorce  closer to conclusion..

Regards

Busybeas

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Busybeas, 

Thanks for keeping us updated on how things have gone and we are sorry to here you're no longer with us Smiley Sad 

If you were showing a credit balance, this means your final bill has been produced Smiley Happy 

Any credit is held for 35 days just to ensure there are no further charges un-billed on the account and the equipment has been returned. Once that's done with the cheque will be processed and sent within 14 days. 

As for the Direct Debit, we already cancel this as soon as the account is disconnected so you shouldn't need to do it too. 

Other than that if there is anything else you need help with, let us know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos