Menu
heather2902
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation nightmare

Morning,

I've been with Virgin Media for around 4 years. 6 months ago I called to ask if there was any discount they could offer. They reduced my monthly fee by £10 which I was happy with.

I am now trying to cancel my VM as I'm moving to a house which VM can't supply. They're trying to charge me £180 cancellation fees as apparently the reduction in price enters me into another 12 month contract, which I'm sure I wasn't made aware of at the time.

I would just move VM with I would do, but they don't supply this area.

Has anyone else been in this situation?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation nightmare

Yes, this has been discussed many times in this forum.

Discounted deals start a new minimum period.

Cancellation within a minimum period, including moving to an area not supplied by Virgin Media, means paying early cancellation penalties.

0 Kudos
Mule
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Another  money earner for Virgin. I have just  left Virgin. When I signed up I had to pay a month in advance. Now that I have left they say I am only entitled to £4.95. As I paid a month in advance when I joined.. January. 23.2017  bill is for February. Now they are telling me that it is for january. So what has happened to my month in advance payment.. They now say as I upgraded several times it has been lost in time.  I have paid every month since joining. WHat a rip off. If january's payment  is for january why did they refund any money at all because after I cancelled  on 10/01/2017 my service was disconnected on 9/02/2017. So in my opinion I should receive 18 days refund.

My son upgraded in February with a reduced monthly payment and they refunded part of January's bill because of the advance payment.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather2902, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are moving to an area that isn't cabled and therefore we're not able to transfer your existing services over to the new property. Smiley Sad

Whenever you change your package with us, including accepting a loyalty discount,  you sign up to a contract with us, you are agreeing for us to supply you with the services at that address for a new minimum time. As you are moving, you are technically breaking the contract. 

If you move to a cabled area, we are happy to transfer the services however this comes with a one off charge and a new 12 month contract. If you move to a non cabled area then we can set the account to cancel but this would invoke an early termination fee. 

You can speak to the team regarding the circumstances on why you're moving though as this could mean a smaller disconnection fee or a possible write off. You can speak to them on 150 / 0345 454 1111.

Let me know how the call goes.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mule, 

Thanks for your post. 

I have already replied to your post here: Fobbed off by customer care department

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Have a look at my reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos