Menu
Lambymod1
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation issues?

Hi, I phoned and cancelled my contract after receiving yet another price increase on 17th Sept and although I enquired about the need to sending a letter, I was informed this would not be necessary, I was told that the contract would be finishing on October 19th.

I was expecting some kind of notification but I heard nothing for a week or two so I phoned again and was told everything was cancelled ok and just to wait for a final bill.

During the call they said as a Virgin customer we pay a month in advance so the payment on 5th Sept (although bill date was to 12th Sept) that this covers the following month so I should have been paid up to 5th October, so the plan was to phone up and pay the final bill from 5th October to 19th.

I was told I could cancel the DD at the start of October which I did and now have been given a £123 bill for a returned DD and another months bill taking me into November when my contract is/and I've been told on 3 occasions it is ceasing on October 19th????

I have tried calling 3 times today and just keep getting passed on to different depts and nobody has been the slightest bit of help.

Can anyone shed any light on this or know what the best course of action will be?

thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Lambymod1
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation issues?

anyone got any info regarding this issue?

I've received another letter demanding the £123, think I'm going to ignore it until somebody rings me who can actually speak some sense.... :-p

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lambymod1,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you have decided to leave Virgin Media. Is there anything we can do to change your mind?

When you give your 30 days notice to disconnect, the account will continue as normal until the disconnection date. This means your billing cycle will also continue as normal. 

On your disconnection date the services will stop and a final bill will be produced a few days later. This will include any refunds, adjustments and charges. If the overall amount shows as a charge, you'll need to make this payment via a credit or debit card as soon as possible. If there is a refund showing then we will send you a cheque for that amount. 

As well as the final bill, you will receive some packaging to return any equipment you have. There will be instructions on how you can return this to us in the pack. 

As you cancelled the Direct Debit, you just need to wait for your final bill to be generated now with the correct amount you owe us Smiley Happy 

I really hope you do re-consider leaving us and if there is anything else we can do for you, let us know.

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Lambymod1
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F

Thanks for the info you provided, in Oct we decided to phone again and was told we needed to pay another £50 for the last month from Sept 17th to Oct 17th which I paid and this was us all paid up and clear etc. I thought this was all ok now and was awaiting the packaging to send the equipment back, but today I have received another bill for £137.23!!! I can't believe this is still going on, I have lost all faith in any advisors sorting this issue, which really isn't that hard to work out.

I have just sent a letter of complaint of to Virgin Media for someone to look into this for me, as it's getting quite stressful now! :-(

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lambymod1

Thanks for getting in touch again regarding the account cancellation.

I do appreciate that the billing has come in at an amount you have not expected and for our teams to check into this securely with you regarding this if you can contact them either via Webchat or via 150 / 0345 454 1111 the teams can then take a look into this for you.

I'm also going to send a pm to you for us to check in and make sure everything is running smoothly for you.

If you could get back to me on this that would be great Smiley Happy  You can find this in the purple envelope up next to your forum name.

Hope to speak soon Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Rob2003
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Kath F . 

Apologies if I have this wrong but you state that if a refund is due Virgin will pay this. I was due a refund of £138. This was certainly not paid and in fact this amount was taken from my bank account. I realise you are trying to give advice but you obviously have more faith in your company than it deserves. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob2003, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear your experience has been somewhat different from the norm. Smiley Sad

Looking at your account I can see that since posting things have been resolved. Mistakes are made at times as we are only human however I'm really glad things have been put right for you. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos