Menu
regskelton
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation confirmation?

hi,

I called the cancellation line last week (20th Jan) and cancelled my service. The chap was a bit stroppy (I've already signed with a new provider, so he couldn't try to retain me), but said it was all cancelled. However, I have not had any confirmation - not even an email. How do I get an actual confirmation?

As a secondary question, I think it might be a good idea to cancel my direct debit, and then let the last-but-one bill appear as a credit on the final bill - leaving the payment in my control, rather than waiting for Virgin to refund any overpayment - is that reasonable?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cancellation confirmation?

regskelton wrote:

I called the cancellation line last week (20th Jan) and cancelled my service. The chap was a bit stroppy (I've already signed with a new provider, so he couldn't try to retain me), but said it was all cancelled. However, I have not had any confirmation - not even an email. How do I get an actual confirmation?
You'll get it up to two days (or there abouts) after the date you were given for when your account will be disconnected. You should however see a 'order' of some sort in My VM (use your primary account) it will show pending disconnect.

As a secondary question, I think it might be a good idea to cancel my direct debit, and then let the last-but-one bill appear as a credit on the final bill - leaving the payment in my control
Leave it in place and when all is said and done, the DD will automatically be stopped. Cancelling it can lead to different kinds of complications.

rather than waiting for Virgin to refund any overpayment
Any credit left on your account after the final bill be refunded to you, in cheque form, 45 days after the disconnection date+final bill payment.

______
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Addams Family Version-2.jpg
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

regskelton wrote:

You'll get it up to two days (or there abouts) after the date you were given for when your account will be disconnected. You should however see a 'order' of some sort in My VM (use your primary account) it will show pending disconnect.

As a secondary question, I think it might be a good idea to cancel my direct debit, and then let the last-but-one bill appear as a credit on the final bill - leaving the payment in my control
Leave it in place and when all is said and done, the DD will automatically be stopped. Cancelling it can lead to different kinds of complications.

rather than waiting for Virgin to refund any overpayment
Any credit left on your account after the final bill be refunded to you, in cheque form, 45 days after the disconnection date+final bill payment.

______
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
regskelton
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Shelke - much appreciated.

I see an upgrade pending in My VM, so maybe it really is being cancelled- hooray.

I think I will cancel the DD after all though - why would I wait 45 days for Virgin to refund my own money? Also gives me a chance to confirm/disagree with the final bill. Can you be more specific about any issues this might cause?

cheers,

Reg

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

In general removing the card details before any bill can lead to a mark on your credit rating if it isn't paid in time (manually) - there's a specific number for that kind of billing issue. However, if your account has more than enough credit on it to cover any final bill costs (and that credit is present on the account before said bill is generated) then the bill cost would come straight off the account's credit.

______
0 Kudos
sesel
Just joined
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I suggest you cancel your direct debit very quickly, don't get caught with their scam,Here is my SAGA

I had an offer of half price for 12 months, gave 30 days notice that I am going to a new provider, they started to persuade me everyday harassing and last they threat me that my service will be disconnected before the end of my contract, I agree.

One day a man called and asked if I accept £17.00 bounder and stay with them so that he will credit my account with £200 I don't have to pay anything except £17.95 a month and they will take £5.00 from my credit to make it £22.75.I asked if I pay £200 or I am credited and he said no you will not pay it is credit into my account. I accepted the offer,after a month checking my Bank account they have collected £223 and I went overdrawn by that amount, Called the bank straight away money came back through Indemnity payment.

I Called them and they said I agreed to pay 12 months in advance to receive the discount, I said to them listen to the conversation, they apologised and said They will make sure they credit my account, I agreed, after a month they have charged me £90.00 called them another apology and manager assured me that I won't be charged and she is gonna put a credit.

I asked them to put in writing they told me they don't have facility to write, so I said to them no writing cancel your service no payment as they breached the contract,Until today no writing no payment now 3 months another £90.00

So beware

0 Kudos