Menu
david2436
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation and refund

On 31 Oct I called to cancel my broadband. After a long time I convinced the guy I wasn't interested in staying, and he said fine the contract will terminate in 30 days (i.e. 30 Nov).

Unfortunately it didn't, and I continued to be billed and debited. Once for the period 21 Nov - 21 Dec, and again 22 Dec - 21 Jan. When I noticed the payments I called on 12 Jan to ask why it hadn't be cancelled, and for a refund. She said she could see the request on 31 Oct but for some reason it hadn't happened. She then said the termination date would be backdated to 30 Nov and any money billed after that time would be refunded by cheque within 30 days.

Well 30 days later and no sign of my money. In fact if I look on my account now it says I'm only in credit £12 (12 Jan - 21 Jan), when it should be around £65 (1 Dec - 21 Jan).

Can somebody please explain why I'm being lied to on the phone, and how to get my money back?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation and refund

Hi david2436

Many thanks for getting in touch with us on the forums about the refund and cancellation of your services and my apologies that we have not been able to get this sorted for you yet.

I can see that you have spoken to our teams recently and a complaint has been logged about this for you.

Further to this being raised there is some support I would like to offer to see if we can help get this rectified for you.

In order for us to chat about this securely, I'm dropping a pm to you that you can find on the forums in the purple envelope next to your forum name.

If you could get back in touch with me on this, that would be great!

I hope to hear back from you soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos