Menu
nj123
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation Fee Issues

I have recently moved house and as a result had to cancel with Virgin mid-contract. Initially I was told that I would have to pay for one more month followed by a £91 cancellation fee - already irritating since I didn't actually want to leave Virgin but have no choice because they don't supply internet to my address. 

I was then sent a letter saying that the cancellation fee is now £135. Spoke to Virgin on the phone and the guy did some figuring and said we actually owe £117? Where do these numbers come from and how do they change like this? 

Then received another letter saying I have to pay £130 (??) so rang again the man said confirmed it was £117, and that I had until the end of April to pay. I agreed to pay half now and half on payday. The first payment went through, and now I've had a Default Notice in the post asking for an additional £70 because I haven't paid the correct amount? Even though the situation has been agreed with representatives over the phone and notes made on my account?

Can someone clear this up for me because I simply don't understand! 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation Fee Issues

hiya @nj123 welcome to the virginmedia community forum you can view the fees via -> http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early-... best idea would be to call them back and ask for a break down on its been calculated, since the forum team dont get involved in billing/cancellation fees
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
nj123
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response, but I'm fairly fed up of calling them and getting a different answer from everyone I speak to - if there is a standardized way of calculating cancellation fees why have I been quoted 5 different amounts?

But really that's settled now as I'm already in the process of paying it off, just don't understand where this Default Notice has come from? Is this going to affect my credit rating? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

yes a default can affect your credit score greatly.. means you didn't pay a bill the site posted should give a base to calculate the fee
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
nj123
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

But I am paying... Do Virgin have a complaints team I can speak to?

0 Kudos
nj123
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Was told I have until the end of April, which is a full month away. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

sort of, but not really could request to speak to a manager but could get the run around saying they'll call you back.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi nj123,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have you on board with us in the Community. 

We'll need to take a look at this for you in more detail. In order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos