Menu
DC68
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation Confirmation

I cancelled my contract last night over the phone, my reason being the 1st of November price hike, the person who I spoke with explained that although I am mid contract I will not be charged but there will be a 30 day cancellation period which I understand.

My concern is that I asked for email confirmation of the cancellation and have received nothing, also my account shows nothing regarding cancellation, should I expect confirmation via post, email or the like.

Thank you

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cancellation Confirmation

I had this exact concern myself, despite requested and confirmed by retentions I'd receive such information I never did receive any such information!.  Eventually after a rather confusing repeat call with retentions they did confirm such details as expected but again, despite an assurance i never did receive this email or written confirmation!.  But got a deal in the end and happy to stay for now.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I had this exact concern myself, despite requested and confirmed by retentions I'd receive such information I never did receive any such information!.  Eventually after a rather confusing repeat call with retentions they did confirm such details as expected but again, despite an assurance i never did receive this email or written confirmation!.  But got a deal in the end and happy to stay for now.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi DC68,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us even though you have decided to leave us Smiley Sad 

Checking the account I can see the account has been set to disconnect. When you give your 30 days notice to disconnect, the account will continue as normal until the disconnection date. This means your billing cycle will also continue as normal. 

On your disconnection date the services will stop and a final bill will be produced a few days later. This will include any refunds, adjustments and charges. If the overall amount shows as a charge, you'll need to make this payment via a credit or debit card as soon as possible. If there is a refund showing then we will send you a cheque for that amount. 

As well as the final bill, you will receive some packaging to return any equipment you have. There will be instructions on how you can return this to us in the pack. 

I really hope you do re-consider leaving us and if there is anything else we can do for you, let us know.

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
DC68
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for taking the time to explain Kath

Unfortunately its too little too late in this instance, the final straw came with the proposed November cost increase, another increase for nothing, the broadband is mostly ok, telephone is fine but the Tivo box is becoming a joke, constant reboots to make it perform at a reasonable speed, I know V6 is coming but the sales department found it funny that they had no idea about the release date.

In this instance I have moved to Sky with the new Q system, of course time will tell but so far the deal is good, it was very disappointing that Virgin sales staff were very complacent in advising me.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi DC68,

Thanks for coming back to me. 

It's really sad to hear that your mind is made up but we do understand you need to do what's right for you. 

The V6 is coming soon but there's been no confirmed release date yet as it's still being piloted. 

Good Luck with the new provider and remember if you have any further questions, I'm here to help.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos