Menu
smithtrevor
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cancel my contract

I've had Virgin Media for less than 6 months and i'm still inside a so called "deal !!!" The service i receive is the worst ever......The TV takes up to 60secs to load the "my Shows" screen and when it does it will take another 60 seconds to load if im lucky, otherwise i get a fault screen. The broadband is a massive joke...i have an hour glass with about 60 cubic yards of sand in it !!!!! i've phoned 150 they put me onto somebody else who tells me there is something wrong "wow how clever are they" i've been given a fault ref number and a promise of fix 7 days ago, it still not fixed. I have resulted into putting an aerial on the roof of the house now so i can at least have a telly over christmas. I am now considering cancelling my direct debit to see if there is actually somebody on the end of this fibre optic trash who can fix what i'm paying for each month....does anybody out there know the top bosses phone number so i can vent my anger ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel my contract

hiya @smithtrevor to cancel your contract, would need to have a chat with customer relations choosing option 4 - 5 (thinking of leaving us) when calling via 150 / 0345 454 1111 since if your still within contract a possible EDF (early disconnection fee) may apply http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early-...
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
smithtrevor
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So I have no service what I'm paying for and if I decide to leave VM because I have no service that I'm paying for.....I have to pay you more money for the pleasure of leaving a service that I do not have ? BBC watchdog here I come !
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hiya @smithtrevor i would be down to customer relations to possible waiver the EDF's, since with almost any ISP faults will happen from time to time, and need time to fix it.
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
smithtrevor
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply but 4 weeks to fix.....come on be realistic ! Still no good so will be 5 weeks soon!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

this delay timeframe could have so many factors, e.g. time to get replacement from supplier mainly cisco, engineers in area to fix fault, previous jobs, if need to dig up street, close street even for a few hours takes red tape etc..
0 Kudos