Menu
Harris83
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cancel contract and start new one?

My brother currently lives with me and has a virgin tv & broadband contract which is now over 12 months. He is now moving out and due to cancel his contract.

Will I be able to take out a new contract with the perks of a new customer? Or will they stop be as we have the same surname?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel contract and start new one?

Should be easy enough to get the account, which is linked to the address, transferred into your name, but you won't get any new customer deals.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Harris83

Thanks for getting in touch with us about opening an account under your name, and a warm welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

The two options you have here are:

• Continue with the services under your name and request a Transfer of Responsibility from us. You can tailor the package to your own requirements but you would not be eligible for a new customer offer. However the account would transfer over with minimal interruption of services and your brother would not have to pay any potential contract fees (as he may be in an 18 month contract or have renewed his deal in the last 12 months at any time which could have recontracted him.)
  • Stop the account under your brothers name and sign up as a new customer. You would have to wait for the set up of services and any equipment you currently have under your brothers name would need to be returned to us. If your brother does have contract time left on his service with us, he would have to pay the 30 days notice plus any Early Disconnection Fees that may apply on top. New customer offers can be looked at on our Homepage

To find out which is the best option for you, it would be great if you could contact us on 150 from the landline or 0345 454 1111.

Let us know how this goes and thanks again for your post!

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
zsoltfarnas
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, is it possible to cancel the contract and sign a new deal with my partners name at the same address?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

zsoltfarnas wrote:

Hi, is it possible to cancel the contract and sign a new deal with my partners name at the same address?

Probably possible, you'd need to send all your old equipment back and get new lot delivered as a self install

0 Kudos
zsoltfarnas
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That's fine for me as I have got all the equipment as long as I know it's possible.
0 Kudos