Menu
Anna-7
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cancel account help

I wonder if anyone can help, I wish to end my contract, a little early (2months) I believe that due to mid contract price increases by virgin, I have the right to exit with 30 days notice and without early exit penalty fee of over £108 (as stated by ofcom) I receive bills via email but did not receive any notification of price increases, instead a letter, which I didn't open until recently (20days too late) because I get a lot of marketing so don't check paper vm mail, assuming important corespondence would be via email or phone.

Any help much appreciated
Anna
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel account help

Unfortunately, you yourself have said that Virgin Media advised you of your contractual rights to cancel penalty free due to the price increase and you missed the appropriate date.

0 Kudos
Anna-7
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Appreciate your help. As I understand ( from Ofcom) it I still have the right to exit the contract without exit fee. I didn't receive any notice of the changes via email or phone which is normally how vm give my bills etc.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You have already admitted you were notified on time but chose not to open the notification. Virgin Media have notified you on time of your contractual rights.

0 Kudos