Menu
Kimmington
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cancel a contract before being connected

I was signed up by a local rep. he gave me a connection date in the 'no problem at al, fully cabledl' area that I live in. 

3 days prior to the connection date I get told that it will be 6-8 weeks before I am told of my new connection date as there is no cable in my area. I am now a month in to nothing. 

I have tried and failed to get any more information from Virgin. Spent numerous times on the phone trying to cancel and there is even a team called 'pre-installs cancellation team' so this must be something they are familiar with. After being on hold for 15 mins they cut you off. 

I just want to stop this fairground ride and get off. How do I cancel? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel a contract before being connected

You phone in on 150, go through to thinking of leaving us (although I do understand you havent even joined), during office hours.

That will land you with UK onshore support, who will process your cancellation.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

150 is from a VM phone which i guess the OP does not have - so 

0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Or ask the Sales Team to cancel the order, they have an 0800 free phone number: 0800 064 3836 - they can assist a new-customer up until the point their services go live.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Kimmington
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I finally did it. I explained on the 0345 number that I had been cut off several times previously after being placed on hold. The person put me through to a human and I then had to await a callback from the 'lightening team' who were a glorified sales team and I believe that I am now cancelled.
Thankyou all so much. You got me out of the rabbit hole.
0 Kudos