Menu
Peter33
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can virgin media use still claim money for a service that does not work ? Can virgin media add disconnect

Are virgin media liable for my losses while their service would not work I lost in excess of £450 in fees while my broadband was not working and have now been charged £264 in early disconnection I  needed my broadband to FaceTime my wife while she is unwell ,but it would not work, gave them every chance to fix it , even took time off work for them to change equipment , when they could not fix it , gave up cancelled it ,got talk talk they changed over the phone lines everything now works fantastically I spoke to virgin but they kept taking money from my wife's account, for three months after we changed provider they then contacted us to say they had switched us off ,I thought oh good but then they sent a bill for £264.49 they told me this was because I had not cancelled , I had , they rang and apologised saying through no fault of your own the person you cancelled to never put it through, so it's sorted . No another bill for  £264.49

I thought oh good they took two more 

and then sent us a 

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can virgin media use still claim money for a service that does not work ? Can virgin media add discon

Peter33 wrote:

Are virgin media liable for my losses while their service would not work I lost in excess of £450 in fees while my broadband was not working and have now been charged £264 in early disconnection I  needed my broadband to FaceTime my wife while she is unwell ,but it would not work, gave them every chance to fix it , even took time off work for them to change equipment , when they could not fix it , gave up cancelled it ,got talk talk they changed over the phone lines everything now works fantastically I spoke to virgin but they kept taking money from my wife's account, for three months after we changed provider they then contacted us to say they had switched us off ,I thought oh good but then they sent a bill for £264.49 they told me this was because I had not cancelled , I had , they rang and apologised saying through no fault of your own the person you cancelled to never put it through, so it's sorted . No another bill for  £264.49

I thought oh good they took two more 

and then sent us a 

What fees were you charged in regards to a residential service not working? VM aren't liable for 3rd party costs espcially not in relation to nay business use of a residential connection, the early cancellation fee would apply if you were still in a minimum term contract with them and were outside of the 14 days cooling off period

0 Kudos
Peter33
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can virgin media use still claim money for a service that does not work ? Can virgin media add discon

So we cancelled the package at the end of its term as it was so unreliable , my wife got a call as she was just starting her cancer treatment, with the offer of a reduced fee she explained the cost was not an issue the broadband working was important for me to stay in touch with her while she was in hospital the salesman promised to get the problem fixed and charge less than previously, he did not after six months of not being able to FaceTime my wife , use any smart TVs ,Netflix , now tv  , or Amazon , I got fed up with virgins broken promises, stinking attitude poor customer service and switched provider , I can now use all my subscriptions and most importantly FaceTime my wife, it's her account she knows nothing of the double billing or double cancellation charges but if I go to the press with how virgin are threatening a person who is terminal with  bailiffs coming to her home she may just find out , but I think the press and social media may be the only way of dealing with this cowboy outfit , I would love to get mr Branstons opinion on this I have been fortunate enough to meet him once in menorca when his mum still lived there he seemed an intelligent man , maybe he could understand the principle of not paying for something that does not work and his muppets could not fix ?

Peter33
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So the bill is not mine but I have asked to transfer the bill to me , this way the bill will not die with my wife, and I can have my day in court challenging the mighty virgin I will have my Mbps records with me showing 0.026 instead of 100.00 Mbps and the thousands of negative feedbacks I have found for virgin from their unhappy customers . And again I will ask if Mr Branson would like to comment on his companies failings incompetence and bullying tactics that they use to intimidate people out of money they do not owe , after looking into a private prosecution I am will to gamble £8000 pounds to put this right , and yes it's £246 but I am bloody furious, and my costs will be met by virgin when the railing goes in my favour . I will post the results of this for your attention after the court case 

regards 

another angry virgin customer

0 Kudos
vircom
Well-informed
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Other than use of his brand, Mr Branson has nothing to do with Virgin Media, it is own by a US company Liberty Global.

While I sympathise with your problem and respect your right to have your day in court, be careful because it could prove to be an expensive day. Good Luck.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can virgin media use still claim money for a service that does not work ? Can virgin media ad...

Hi Peter33

I appreciate you getting in touch with us about the billing complaint around the Early Disconnection Fees and I can see this has been previously raised as a complaint with us when you have been in touch.

Given what you have said I understand how this has been causing you concern. I am sorry to hear that we have been unable to resolve this with you when we have raised complaints to our teams on your behalf.

I am disappointed that our teams have not been able to reach a resolution together, with yourself, but fully appreciate your reasons for choosing to take further external action.
Additionally if you choose to, you can take your complaint to independent adjudication, which is free and the contact details for our adjudicator are below for your convenience, and you can find this on page four of the online document.

Complaints Code of Practice

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Peter33
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can virgin media use still claim money for a service that does not work ? Can virgin media ad...

Thank you for your reply karen I have read the complaints information you have forwarded and can confirm that the manager I last spoke to informed me it had been passed for arbitration this obviously was not true as we immediately received the first threatening letter from BPO and their harassing phone calls to my wife in hospital , despite me asking them and you to contact me and giving all my contact details over ,since speaking to them and you again to ask this matter to go to arbitration .BPO have since sent further threatening letters,threathening people calling to my house to collect this debt,would you like the ward number so you can pass this on to your debt collection team they could with hold medication until you get your pound of flesh you wrongly feel entitled to ? regardless of the outcome of arbitration I would ask that you stop the harassment of my wife, and acknowledge at least your managers lack of competence in this matter,

Ash1952
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Looks like a very poor customer service ! Unbelievable ! Mind you I am facing same issue with virgin service .

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

you have 2 issues

a strong claim re debt hounding,  plus a baseless one re loss of earnings because of downtime on a residential account.

you need to separate them, as whingeing about the latter could otherwise get the former thrown out of court

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Peter33

Given the nature of your complaint I will pass this back to the agents who have previously been dealing with this to see if they are able to support you further.

Thanks once more for your continued communications to us.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"