Menu
meltdownmum
Tuning in
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Can't log in to my Virgin Media account

First of all, apologies if this post appears twice. Internet connection crashed as I was posting last time. I'm also not sure if I'm posting on the right board but hopefully if I'm in the wrong place someone can redirect me.

I haven't been able to log in to my VM account for several weeks, either from my laptop or my phone. I enter username and password, get green ticks for both, same for the robot check, then it goes round again asking for the same and I can't get in. I've also tried asking for a password reset but get the same issue.

I've tried three times today to Web Chat with VM advisors but keep getting disconnected at their end. It's not helped that I have intermittent router problems here but that shouldn't be an issue because a couple of times I reconnected manually and the conversation continued. During these conversations I've been asked for, and given, various bits of account information and given all details except the customer verification password which I don't seem to have. I appreciate I must have had one at some point but I don't have a record of it now and don't know where to find it. VM didn't want my online account login, which is all I have.

I've also tried phoning customer services but there isn't an automated option for login issues.

Any idea how I can get to speak to a real live human being who can help me sort this?

Thanks

K

Dave_Home
Joining in
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't log in to my Virgin Media account

Signed up just to say I have the same problem

meltdownmum
Tuning in
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

One week on, still no solution. Eventually managed to Web Chat for long enough to get an advisor to allow me to change my password. Apparently the online login is an ongoing problem and affecting a number of customers. It's claimed that it will take 48 hours to fix but that doesn't explain why I've been unable to login since before Christmas. Very poor service - if VM don't get it sorted soon they will undoubtedly lose customers.

I still can't login, so can't access emails from my phone, and there's nothing I can do about it till VM get their backsides in gear and fix it. I'll try again in 48 hours, as suggested.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Really sorry to hear about the bother experienced with this meltdownmum,

I hope that this has now been resolved for you since posting.

Let me know if this is not the case.

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
meltdownmum
Tuning in
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

No, still no access. Haven't had a chance to check it until today, so thanks for the reminder. So much for 48 hours to fix it <not pleased>.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi meltdownmum

My apologies that at the time of you getting back in touch with us this was still unresolved Smiley Sad

I'd like to check this now works for you and if not, I am back in on Saturday where I have set a reminder for myself to chase this for you if this is still an issue for you.

If you could let me know, then that would be fab.

Cheers.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

meltdownmum
Tuning in
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response Karen. Just checked and it's still the same. I've noticed that when I type in my password and hit Sign In, the green tick briefly flashes alongside the password field, then the error message is displayed and there's no access. I'd be grateful if you could look into it further. This has now been a problem for over two months (first noticed before Christmas) and it's not acceptable that it should take so long to rectify.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi meltdownmum

Thanks for getting back to me. My apologies that this is still an issue for you Smiley Sad

In order for me to look into this further for you I'm going to drop a PM to you where you can discuss the issue with me in a little more detail.

If you could drop a reply back to me on this, that would be great Smiley Happy

You can find this in the purple envelope next to your forum name.

Hope to speak soon Smiley Happy

Karen_A

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi meltdownmum.

Thanks for getting back to me on the PM, that's great Smiley Happy

If you could run the checks over the weekend for us as you have mentioned, that would be fab and drop back to us on this thread we can then pass this to our broadband guys if this is still an issue for you.

Just to reconfirm, via the PM we have asked that:

• The cache or cookies on your devices are cleared on both devices and rebooted - then try again to access the portal.
  • Additionally if you can try accessing the site using your mobile data only with Wi-Fi turned off on your phone so we can identify if the issue is to do with the Wi-Fi in the home.

If you could let me know once you've tested this for me, that would be great!

Thanks again and have a lovely weekend Smiley Very Happy

Karen_A

Forum Team

0 Kudos
meltdownmum
Tuning in
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Will do as you've suggested when time allows.
Karen
0 Kudos