Menu
SakOfTech17
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Can't get into MyVirgin account

So I just got my account set up over the phone with a password, account number and area code and I got the email about having my account registered etc. 

However, on trying to log in, I'm not able to get in and trying to get my username or password leads to errors saying none found and messages like that. 

Is there a time I have to wait before getting into my account, because I'd really like to make sure that I can cancel the engineer date/change it to a much later date and that I've not actually been accepted into any contacts as of yet (paranoia is intense). 

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't get into MyVirgin account

I don't know how long it has been down for but I've been unable to access this section of the website for the last 30 minutes.  For me it gives the following message:

Important information about My Virgin Media
We're making some essential changes

We’re doing some work on My Virgin Media at the moment as part of an upgrade to provide you with an even better service.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
SakOfTech17
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I spoke to someone from Virgin and it seems it's because I've not had my installation done yet, which is apparently the reason I can't log into My Virgin media account.

Thanks for your help regardless.

0 Kudos
PhatEd
Joining in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problem for my new account / house move. I registered a My Virgin Media account and linked my account number, verified email address etc, but have been told the same as you.

I don't believe this to be correct because when I setup my existing one last year, I was able to login before the go live date and view the order status / reschedule installation dates etc.

Spoke to the man in the VM shop in town today too who has also confirmed 'I'm being fed a load of rubbish' and was told to call Tech Support on 151 from my landline to get it sorted.

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I was able to access my account the day after I had placed my order for Virgin Media, even though the install was scheduled for two weeks later.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
SakOfTech17
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

So what did the Tech support suggest? I've been trying to log in all day but have set my self up for installation around mid-May.
0 Kudos
SakOfTech17
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I'll try to log into my account tomorrow again and see if I'm able to get in. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

What error messages are you getting when you try to login ?

When I registered I was able to then login immediately after the registration process.

-

0 Kudos
PhatEd
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Haven't had chance to call them yet as at work, but I'll let you know what they say later buddy.

0 Kudos
PhatEd
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I get:

We're sorry, we're having trouble signing you in to your account. Please check your username and password and try again.

Not password problem because if I use different password I get a different error advising as such.

Also password reset option doesn't work, gives 'Oops something went wrong page'.

0 Kudos