Menu
Highlighted
Clair333
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can't afford monthly package

Agee months back I lost my job, I contacted yourselves and managed to lower my payments per month. I've now noticed that they have steadily creeped back up to what they was before I lost my job and I'm in the same boat again. I've just rang up and explained my situation again to which I was told that I'm on the lowest package and they can't reduce any further. Unfortunately that doesn't help me in my current situation so I asked to leave to which I was told that I'd have to pay 180 pound to cancel. If I can't afford my monthly package how on earth am I going to find 180 pound to cancel with no job?? I just want out as the money I do have/get goes on more important things than virgin media.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can't afford monthly package

You should have received a letter or email advising of a price increase from November. This will tell you that you can cancel, free of penalty. I suggest you phone cancellations and say you want to leave, penalty free.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You should have received a letter or email advising of a price increase from November. This will tell you that you can cancel, free of penalty. I suggest you phone cancellations and say you want to leave, penalty free.

0 Kudos
Clair333
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. I haven't received anything other than a paper bill. I'll double check tho. It's starting to stress me out alittle bit if I'm honest
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Clair333, 

Thanks for your post and I'm really sorry to hear about your circumstances. 

As much as we would love to look at this via the forums, we don't deal with package changes. 

Your best bet is to speak to the team to see if there is anything we can change for you to reduce the cost. Maybe reducing the speed of your broadband or TV package. 

Call 150 / 0345 454 1111 and follow the options for leaving us. This will get you through to the team you need. 

Come back and let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos