Menu
Spambhoy
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can someone explain what I'm paying £70 a month for ?

I've just removed Sky Movies and Sky Sports ( because they are awful ) and Virgin still want the above amount ?

The call centre employee tells me ( in and around the script in front of him ) that I still have a telephone line and super fast broadband ( which returns a rate of 75 not 150 ), so what am I paying for, oxygen retrieval?!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can someone explain what I'm paying £70 a month for ?

That depends what else you're receiving TV wise - yes removing the sports & movies will save you £35 or so (I can't remember exactly how much) a month, but that's all going to Sky anyway.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can someone explain what I'm paying £70 a month for ?

Hi Spambhoy, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. Smiley Happy

When removing Sky Premium channels there is a 30 day notice period. During this period, if a new bill is generated, it will be generated at the same price. It will then be on a pro rata basis on your next bill showing a refund for time charged without the service. 

If you've gone past this period and are still getting charged the same, give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 so they can check your account for you. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos