Menu
slinkydonkey
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Can someone check that my account has been closed?

Hello

So I have switched over to PlusNet I assumed they would contact Virgin Media to tell them to close my old account?

I can see that the land line has been ported so I assume VM will cancel my broadband at the end of the month?

Please IM me for my account details

Cheers

Paul

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can someone check that my account has been closed?

Virgin Media wouldn't have closed the broadband during a number port - cable broadband doesn't need a phone line to work so is independent of any landline activity, and PlusNet wouldn't have been able to close your broadband account, as a number port request only covers the landline.

You'll need to call in on 0345 454 1111 and give 30 days notice to close your broadband account if you no longer use it.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can someone check that my account has been closed?

Virgin Media wouldn't have closed the broadband during a number port - cable broadband doesn't need a phone line to work so is independent of any landline activity, and PlusNet wouldn't have been able to close your broadband account, as a number port request only covers the landline.

You'll need to call in on 0345 454 1111 and give 30 days notice to close your broadband account if you no longer use it.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own