Menu
Sonny1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can anyone at Virgin help with what's actually going on with my account? Being awfully treated so far.

Hello I need some help in regards to a messy situation I have had with Virgin media.

I called Talk Talk on the 13th Oct to switch who then contacted you guys to switch over, but apparently can only do this with my phone so had someone call me not explaining anything in that regard who was only interested in me confirming that I wanted my number passed to Talk Talk. Operator from Virgin said someone would call the following day from another department (15th Oct) to deal with "The other things on my account" but I clearly stated I want to make sure my whole package is canceled with Virgin.

Now I got in touch on the 24th Oct to see why I hadn't been contacted back as told I would be, to then be told I had to confirm there and then I wanted it canceled (again) so the broadband was to be canceled from then instead (24th Oct). Which is ridiculous, as why would I cancel my phone and not my broadband when I clearly stated I was leaving Virgin to join Talk Talk with a phone & Broadband package?

Now it gets interesting, I contacted again on the 3/11/2017 (I think) to ask why I would be paying for the bill going into December when still I tried canceling on the 13/10/2017 when I contacted Talk Talk to join them, I was told I would get deducted off my (final) bill what I was owed, which sounds great as the customers service guy said my broadband will go off on the 9th or 10th of November and not the 23rd of November as he said it was "weird" how my bill was going from early November into mid December when I should be disconnected early November. Even stated he made a note on my account for any future references pointing out I should be entitled for a near full months refund for the up to the 15th December, from 10th November. Was told my "leaving package" would contain a cheque with the refunded amount which I thought was a bit silly as you (Virgin) still have my bank details and should be to refund that way.

So I called yesterday (14/11/2017) and now been told something else entirely, firstly contacted via the web chat on Virgins site, the guy explained now apparently my broadband goes off on the 23/11/2017 and will get my refund from 23/11/2017 up to the 15th December......in the post in a cheque....as I explained I was expecting a cheque already....so I called customers service trying to get more answers. Was told by Sacad of the team to deal with customers leaving Virgin that this months coming bill that I received 30th Oct, due to go out on the 20th November would actually be canceled and another issued for the end of november (30th) that would due to come out on 20th December that would have the deductions owed from the canceled bill (Sacad said around £48 owed) and that would be my final bill; this was around 17:40 last night. Got onto my online account now and I still see no changes to by bill that he said would be canceled and moved to December or any owed deductions.

Now here is the real icing on the cake, I moved my Mother to Talk Talk as I intend to move out in Feb/March next year as my sister looks after now. My intention was to switch my Talk Talk account to my Mothers debit card and I was intending to come back to Virgin,as I prefer the higher internet speeds for my Twitch (my second job).

Now as you can imagine, with this mess and extremely bad customers service from Virgin media effectively being told three different stories which are all lies, why on earth would I come back to Virgin as I intended? Can someone help me fully resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can anyone at Virgin help with what's actually going on with my account? Being awfully treated so far

Ignoring most the top part, what upload speeds can you get from talktalk and at what price point?

If twitch is your concern then thats the main thing, usually the non DOCSIS providers offer the same or more upload for a great deal cheaper (as you’d have to go the top end VM packages to get the non capped upload for streaming at a decent quality)

They also usually have lower ping times which would help both your streaming and your gaming. The Hub3 VM would give you currently has issue effecting ping too resulting in higher than they usually would on top of just having higher generally.

Download wise it’s truely minimal what you need, 1-2Mbs bandwidth for the actual gaming (outside of map downloads), and depending what quality you are streaming around 10Mbs more for watching yourself as you stream (assuming you do to check for issues), and then a tiny buffer for anyThing else ie Spotify for music etc.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Sonny1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can anyone at Virgin help with what's actually going on with my account? Being awfully treated so far

You ignored most the top part including my question. lol

I intend/intended to come back to Virgin when I move out in Feb/March, potentially going for the Hyper speed or package below it for best performance. Talk Talk,I have for the time being setup for my Mother who in a few months will have the Talk Talk account switched to her debit card. As I am barely at home, I work a lot (including my Twitch) As she doesn't need the higher speeds of internet.

Hence whymy question was in regards to Virgin media messing me around, in turn putting me off coming back to them (Unless this issue is resolved)

I contacted Virgin medias customers service today not long after this post, they said the current bill I should "ignore" as it will not go out of my account on the 23/112017 and a new final bill will be issued soon as my broadband goes offline on the 23/11/2017.

So for now,I will hope it goes as they said and then I will not have to keep contacting for some actual confirmation, if not I will have to escalate things further. 

But thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I only ignored the top as I do not work for VM so cannot comment on it.

I was pertaining to the reason for you wanting VM, usually for streaming I recommend not using VM as they cap their upload rates per hour, and streaming at full quality will make you hit those caps quite soon, which then cuts your upload rate in half/to 35%. Which you can imagine will make your stream look awful as you will no longer be able to upload at the bitrate you need to make the stream look good. Only the 300Mbs (or so to be 350Mbs) package has unrestricted upload amounts, but still only 20Mbs upload. You would be paying an absolute premium for something you wouldn't be using (all that download speed). Considering talktalks top package on site is £30 a month and likely has the same upload speed, VM's is £42 (to start with, if you are a new customer). Again even if you went with VM, your ping times would be higher effecting your stream slightly, and gameplay slightly.

The equivilent cost package from VM is the 100Mbs download / 6Mbs upload one. Which I can assure you will not let you stream at a decent quality, or for very long before hitting the cap. I have been there and tried.

Honestly (and i cant stress this enough), if you are not constantly downloading files, its pointless getting the top tier packages of VM. Its burning money for no actual gain over their lower products, or the competition (unless they only offer 1-4Mbs download/upload like they offer me as I live off the fibre grid). The only exception to this is streaming which needs the upload a hell of a lot more, and the competitions fibre usually does better as VM's network was not built for upload in mind.

0 Kudos
Sonny1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Oh my apology for misunderstanding, was acting rather hot headed over this whole issue with them. 

But on the services & limitations notice, thanks for the heads up. Smiley Happy 

I will take what you said into consideration, also depending on how Virgin resolve my issue. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

People get angry when things don’t work, I get it, I don’t take it personally Smiley Tongue

Was just giving some advice from one (albeit not that often anymore) streamer to another.

0 Kudos