Menu
blahde2
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can Virgin PLEASE take their TIVO box back?

Hi everyone,

I'm not an angry man, but I am getting frustrated by Virgins seeming lack of interest in taking their TIVO box back. 

I signed up to the full Virgin Media experience via the "wonderful" Carphone Warehouse. When my first Virgin Media package arrived, it contained a 500Gb TIVO box. A second package arrived the next day containing my Virgin SuperHub3, a 1Tb TIVO and all the other paraphernalia required to get going.

The confusing thing was the extra TIVO box, I never asked for a second box but it still turned up. I have contacted Virgin Customer services via 150 on my phone countless times, and each time they have supposedly sent/requeted a returns box to my address. I know where the nearest Collect+ site is, but I am still waiting for something to arrive after four tries!!

I have even tried to give the box to a Virgin Media installer, but no luck there. I do not want to scrap a perfectly good box, I want to return it to Virgin so they can reuse it. It has never been plugged in, only the red tags on the box were opened.

Can someone help as my wife is really getting on my case about this extra box in my living room?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

John

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can Virgin PLEASE take their TIVO box back?

Hi blahde2, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

With regards to the TiVo® you have, currently as there is no disconnection work order on your account, any requested returns pack will be cancelled as the system will read it as no equipment to return. 

I know it seems like a waste however if you want it gone then you can dispose of it responsibly here: Recycle More

You could also speak to the team about a multi-room subscription. 150 / 0345 454 1111 Smiley Happy 

If there is anything else we can do to help, just pop back here. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

blahde2
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response Kath,

We have one TV in our house and have no intention on getting a second, therefore multi-room isn't applicable.

I really don't want to recycle a brand new box, that is a waste being that I've only had it the months.

Is there nothing I can do to get it collected or returned? I still think giving it to a Virgin Media installer it take back to his depot is the best bet. Is that a viable option?

Regards,

John

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi John, 

You can try giving it to an engineer whilst passing however it's unlikely they will accept it. 

I understand and I agree, it is a waste however for going forward for the next few months we're not even asking for TiVo® boxes back as we have enough of a supply of them Smiley Happy

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Put it this way John, there is a free 1TB Hard Drive in there that can be used in a PC of someone you know who could use it, hey if VM don't want it back and have told you to dispose of it, give it to someone else... a 1TB HDD is about £40 new these days.

Majide!
blahde2
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Actually my good man,

I ordered the 1TB version, it's the 500GB one that's the extra one. Funny thing is, the 500GB box has way more connections on the back than the 1TB version.

I thought that odd,however I don't want to find out 2 years down the line that the 1TB box I've been using was actually 5 years old tech, whereas the 500GB was bang up to date!

The 1TB box is slower than anything, but as I have nothing to compare it to, maybe that's how all TiVo boxes are. It's a shame it also has many fewer channels than my Freesat box next to it as well. If only there was a way to add 1 or 2 channels (on theor own) and not have to pay mega bucks for whole packages.

The spare box is in the shed now. Just had a thought, maybe I could use my neighbours returns boxes as they will be moving to Canada in a week or two so have cancelled their service! Now there's an idea!

Thanks all for replies
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi blahde2,

Thanks for updating us on this.

I have sent you a private message so that we can chat some more.

You can locate my message by clicking on the envelope icon near the top right corner of the Community page.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos