Menu
ADhadenough
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Can I cancel without penalty

I believe my 12 months contract ends March, can I cancel early, without incurring any payments. My TV signal is poor, almost unwatchable, I have no phone at all, and cannot, apparently be repaired till 8th March at earliest . Problems started in December, and due to cable pullers mistake my service is duff. Should they let me cancel now , without penalising me more ?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can I cancel without penalty

Hi Adhadenough

I am very sorry to hear that you have been having issues with your phone and TV services and that this is impacting experience with us as a customer Smiley Sad

I can see that this was escalated to see if this could be brought forwards any earlier but due to limited technician availability for the 2man crews needed we have been unable to reschedule this any earlier for you.

I am very sorry that this is an issue that we are currently unable to resolve for you right now.

What I have done is re-escalated this for you again today to see if things have changed since we last escalated this for you

I'll keep you posted if I get anything back on this for you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

They would just consider those to be faults and not reason to skip on the EDF. As VM bill in advance give your 30 days notice on your bill due by date in Feb.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
ADhadenough
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply, frustrating, but if that's the rules , so be it, roll on end of February, and Sky gain a new customer. ....thanks again.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Adhadenough

I am very sorry to hear that you have been having issues with your phone and TV services and that this is impacting experience with us as a customer Smiley Sad

I can see that this was escalated to see if this could be brought forwards any earlier but due to limited technician availability for the 2man crews needed we have been unable to reschedule this any earlier for you.

I am very sorry that this is an issue that we are currently unable to resolve for you right now.

What I have done is re-escalated this for you again today to see if things have changed since we last escalated this for you

I'll keep you posted if I get anything back on this for you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A

0 Kudos
ADhadenough
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Karen_A, thank you for reply, appreciated.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

It's no trouble at all Smiley Happy

I can see I'm already being looped into a communication email from the area field managers who are trying their best for me to get this pulled forwards if it is at all possible so fingers crossed, we may be able to bring this forwards for you Smiley Happy

I'll be back as soon as I have anything more affirmative for you, providing they get back to me before 2pm today when I finish. If not it'll be Monday I catch up with you regarding this if that's okay for you Smiley Happy

Thanks again.

Karen_A

0 Kudos
ADhadenough
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

That's great, I'm working now, so cannot access Internet till later, so will look for reply then, thanks for contact and effort, all the best
Alan
0 Kudos
ADhadenough
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

So Monday came and went, closely followed by Tuesday, and still heard nothing,  66 days and counting,  since original fault,(poor TV signal), 18 Days and counting,  since VM  managed to cut off phone during botched repair, no updates, no contact. When does it become a record for waiting for a repair. 8 March is apparently repair day....Not holding breath judging by service so far.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi ADhadenough

My sincere apologies about not getting back to you last week as promised.

I had a reminder set to reply to you on Monday and chase this if the area managers had not come back to me (currently I have had no response) but unfortunately this reminder was cancelled when you replied to me on the forums, as a reply will cancel a reminder we have set, and I missed this.

I have flagged this again to my colleagues for you.

I have also flagged your messages on the forums so I can track them in case this happens again.

My sincere apologies once more that I missed this last week. I’ll keep in touch as soon as I get a response.

Kind regards.

Karen

Virgin Media Forum Team

Karen_A

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi ADhadenough

Many thanks again for letting us look into this for you. The teams came back to me after I had finished yesterday via email to me to confirm that they were sending a crew out today to be routed after I re-escalated this for you on Monday.

Once this has completed the service signal should be improved and hopefully your services along with this.

Please keep us posted on how this goes.

Kind regards.

Karen_A

0 Kudos