Menu
gillian511
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can I cancel the Virgin contract?

I ordered and paid one month in advance for Virgin tv, broadband and landline, in a switch from BT.  The engineer arrived today to intall the equipment, but said that I couldn't have the landline as there was no capacity in the area.  At no time before today was I told the landline was unavailable. I am now told that I still have to pay the full price although I am not getting the full service, and I still have to pay BT for the phone.  Anyone think this is reasonable?  Can I cancel the contract - although I have still not received a copy of the contract, nor signed anything.  Have the breached this 'implied contract'?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I cancel the Virgin contract?

You can cancel within 14 days of install and pay nothing.

0 Kudos
Manny37
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I cancel the Virgin contract?

I am in exactly the same position! We moved over from sky & virgin were supposed to contact sky to take the line over. It was only when installation happened that we found out there was no line?! They are now charging us an extra £20 a month as we don't have a line??? So we're paying more than we signed up for & have been without a landline for nearly 2 months!! Virgin have been appalling & I was assured I would get a call back from the mgr, 24 hrs later & still nothing. I think we will go back to sky!
0 Kudos