Menu
robcarter
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can I cancel phone line but keep broadband

Basically at the moment I have 70Mb broadband and a phone line, I want to cancel the phone line and move it to a voip service (due to extortionate line rental charges). my question is do virgin media allow customers to only have a broadband service?

thanks

Rob

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can I cancel phone line but keep broadband

Yes, you can have broadband only but ......

1. If you are still in your contract minimum period, you will have penalties to pay to cancel your landline;

2. You will likely save very little monthly when you cancel the landline, certainly no where near the nominal landline price;

3. You will probably be unable to keep your 70Mb and have to choose one of the current speeds, either 50Mb or 100Mb.

Kallor
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I was able to keep my 70 mb broadband when i cancelled my phone and tv in December , new contract though for 12 month was required .

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes, you can have broadband only but ......

1. If you are still in your contract minimum period, you will have penalties to pay to cancel your landline;

2. You will likely save very little monthly when you cancel the landline, certainly no where near the nominal landline price;

3. You will probably be unable to keep your 70Mb and have to choose one of the current speeds, either 50Mb or 100Mb.

robcarter
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, your answers are what I thought, though the line rental is shown as a separate item so surely I should be saving that amount, I'm currently paying 60.00 for 70MB and a landline plus the usual call bundle charges, given that my voip connection is going to cost me 2.00 per month there should be some savings.

0 Kudos
Kallor
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I was able to keep my 70 mb broadband when i cancelled my phone and tv in December , new contract though for 12 month was required .

Nicki81
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can i ask how much its costing on its own as I'm thinking of doing exactly the same as i have just been made redundant 

0 Kudos