Menu
tsutherland78
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Call Centre & Leaving

So I've phoned the 0345 number 3 times today to cancel my account.    Each time the automated voice says 'we are extremely busy and experiencing high call volumes so you may be waiting 15 mins or less.'   Thats fine,  I guess quite a few people are looking to leave....

However on all 3 calls - when I get to about 15 mins - the call is ended.    I presume this is to keep call stats that are reported up to management at an acceptable level, rather than actually answering the query.

I dont mind waiting for something,  but I do mind being cut off.  And 3 times.  

Would be great to find out how else I can speak to someone?   As not sure I'm going to try a 4th time today. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Andrew-H
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Call Centre & Leaving

Probably better waiting for tomorrow, as I'd imagine that more staff will be working than on a Sunday.

These are just my opinions. Feel free to completely ignore my advice. The above message may contain sarcasm (if you can't find it, you're not looking hard enough)
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi tsutherland78 and welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you had trouble getting hold of us to disconnect, I can understand your frustration as I know how annoying these things can be.

I know it's been a while since you posted so I just wanted to see how things lie. Have you managed to get your notice handed in?

Let us know if you still need help and we'll be happy to assist.

Best,

Michael_JK
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you are calling from a phone that isn't a Virgin Media landline (which you can call them free on 150 from), you can call them free of charge from any other landline or mobile via 0800 052 0422 (Select option 4 and then 2).

They should be able to assist you and you won't end up being charged for the phone call !

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos