Menu
jimlad007
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cable to new homes Darnley, Glasgow

G53 7QL  Darnley Mains, Glasgow

I have recently moved into a new build estate which has hundreds of homes and even more in the surrounding areas. Surely there must be a case to be made for laying cable in this area with the above postcode.

Is there an email address at Virgin I could use to make a case for this? 

With so many houses it is not really practical to try and pass the word around.

How many names/houses need to register at Cable my Street for Virgin to consider installing cable?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
jimlad007
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cable to new homes Darnley, Glasgow

Thanks for that.

When you say...construction is included with the build....do you mean trunking that was laid underground when they were starting to install utilities?
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There are a lot of criteria used by VM to asses whether roads can be made serviceable. The ideal situation with new estates is that build is included with construction itself. If this has not happened (usually because the developer will not contribute to the costs) then you can find that you are stuck with BT provided services until the roads are "adopted" by the local authority (usually around 5 years). Developers don't take kindly to any company that wants to dig up their nice shiny brand new roads & paths.

Once you get over that hurdle, if you can get more that 50% of the estate to show an interest, & the local network is actually capable of taking the expansion you may have a chance.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

jimlad007
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for that.

When you say...construction is included with the build....do you mean trunking that was laid underground when they were starting to install utilities?
0 Kudos
Matinmiah
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have a similar situation. Difference is that the development did put in the cabling for virgin. How do I get them to do the connection? I have spoken to several customer services and they kept telling me the service is not available, eventually I spoke to someone who said They have engineers who go out to properties to inspect this and would send someone out. Didn't hear anything from them. This was a year ago when the development completed. Since then I have spoken to several customer services and they keep telling me the same thing. Who can I contact for them to make the connection to my building?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

jimlad007 wrote:
Thanks for that.

I mean they went into partnership with Virgin. If this was the case the houses would be advertised as having cable to anyone purchasing them, & would have the necessary pre-wired connections fitted inside & outside the property.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

jimlad007
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that.
All we have is BT copper cables with a measly 2Mb/s download speed.
0 Kudos