Menu
davidwarden
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cable my street

Hello everyone - I recently registered on Cable my street and have since received an email saying that my postcode is going to be connected.

I was wondering if this was just a standard email that goes out to everyone who registers or is it actually true?? Its just the town I live does not have any VM infrastructure as far as i am aware??

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cable my street

You are not very far from the existing network. One of the outer London network Headends is just down the road from you in Basildon, so that is likely where the expansion will come from. As for timelines I can't help on that one, unless one of the staff on the forum can find out.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Usually if they tell you that you are in the build programme then you are due to get services.

I have linked the known location list for the next phase expansion. You may find your area is on it:

https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/news/2016/07/virgin_media_names_the_next_30_places_to_receive_300m...

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

davidwarden
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the link but unfortunately Billericay, Essex is not on the list.

So if my postcode is in the build programme what is there expansion timeline, when is the next phase going to be announced or is it open ended?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You are not very far from the existing network. One of the outer London network Headends is just down the road from you in Basildon, so that is likely where the expansion will come from. As for timelines I can't help on that one, unless one of the staff on the forum can find out.

jpooley0
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I was wondering if you ever heard any more from Virgin on this?  I also live in Billericay, near Great Burstead and noticed some work by the church with Virgin Media signs up so hoping that Broadband is coming.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Bigbunman
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I also live in Billericay.

This months residents association newsletter which I received yesterday mentioned Virgin doing work in Davids Walk and Hickstars Lane. I also have a friend who saw the Virgin van in Church Street.

The plot thickens!

Cheers

Dave Warren

0 Kudos