Menu
Carlfielding13
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cable my street HELP!!!

Will somebody please help me! I am wanting Virgin and all I get every time I ask or look into it. Is "Virgin are expanding there network soon, sign up to cable my street". But the issue I have raised again and again and again is, I can look out of my window and see a street literally 9 feet away, that has Virgin. A Virgin van was at the end of my street just 3 days ago. What is going on!!!!!!!!?

My postcode is HX39EP the street across has the postcode HX39EN, I honestly am not joking when I say its across from my window (and they are newish built houses so if they get it why don't I????).

If you do not believe me check it on cable my street.

Surely, surely, surely something is wrong here? Please help am losing my mind!  

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cable my street HELP!!!

And did you sign up to 'Cable My Street'?  Did you get any of your neighbours to sign up?

If there is no infrastructure serving your street, the cost of providing it is immense and unless plenty of people in your street show an interest it is not worth VM's while to do anything.  They would need new underground cabling (after obtaining wayleaves from the council), probably a new street cabinet and the back-end supply to activate it.  Your 9 feet away might just as well be 9 miles away right now.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The majority of existing cable build went in during the early 90's, & was dependant on a lot of factors (Street ownership, cost of build, capacity etc). VM are adding infill in a lot of areas now, but progress will be slow. A lot of the early cable companies went bust through overstretching themselves with their builds.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

And did you sign up to 'Cable My Street'?  Did you get any of your neighbours to sign up?

If there is no infrastructure serving your street, the cost of providing it is immense and unless plenty of people in your street show an interest it is not worth VM's while to do anything.  They would need new underground cabling (after obtaining wayleaves from the council), probably a new street cabinet and the back-end supply to activate it.  Your 9 feet away might just as well be 9 miles away right now.

Electron
0 Kudos
Carlfielding13
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I understand all that, but surely they laid all the correct infrastructure when they where built? There newish houses? I'm not questioning the cost or work it would take. I truly believe there may be a error or virgins part.

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Carlfielding13 wrote:

I understand all that, but surely they laid all the correct infrastructure when they where built? There newish houses? I'm not questioning the cost or work it would take. I truly believe there may be a error or virgins part.

If the company doing the new construction didn't request VM to install ...........

Electron
0 Kudos
Carlfielding13
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No worries, I will try get my neighbours on board and hopefully Virgin will listen.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The majority of existing cable build went in during the early 90's, & was dependant on a lot of factors (Street ownership, cost of build, capacity etc). VM are adding infill in a lot of areas now, but progress will be slow. A lot of the early cable companies went bust through overstretching themselves with their builds.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
AlredyVCabledUp
Superfast
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Carlfielding13 wrote:

No worries, I will try get my neighbours on board and hopefully Virgin will listen.

Check out my forum thread I have got over 1,000 Neighbours on board with Cable My Street and I already have the Virgin Cables directly outside my house running along the entire street - still waiting.

No Virgin salesman I mention it to can understand it.

The Virgin salesmen are even more upset when I tell them there is no BT FTTC High Speed Broadband around here either so Virgin would have a monopoly on high speed broadband sales.

Even stranger just down the same road is a Virgin physical shop (next door to Brixton Underground/Tube Station) campaigning for more Virgin Customers - they stand outside and practically drag people into the shop to sell them Virgin.

0 Kudos