Menu
Brighton101
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cable laying

Does anyone know who to contact? They are cable laying in my street and have marked out the pavement where they would like the cables to enter the properties.

im concerned as they will be entering my property on the wrong side and will involve taking up block paving etc.. There is access planned on the other side for cable and they have not seen this. Who and how do I contact the team to resolve this? 

Thanks

who and how do 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cable laying

you could give the construction dept a call via ->> 0345 045 0595 and send somebody out to take a look to see better point of entry, since they only wire up the property when you order it
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

you could give the construction dept a call via ->> 0345 045 0595 and send somebody out to take a look to see better point of entry, since they only wire up the property when you order it
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Argyllrover
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I live in the village Houston in Scotland , we are currently getting Virgin Cable laid in our streets which we are very grateful for .

But the problem we have and this has been reported to the Renfrewshire council and they have confirmed this today 04/05/2017

The finished project is not so good due to the finish on the tarmacadam is NOT so good !!!!!

They have only infilled with tar without the edges being finished properly .

I am looking for a Telephone number to call virgin to get this nipped in the bud before these guys disappear into the horizon

Please NOTE , Other than this issue the guys have done a pretty good job

PLEASE HELP

Argyllrover
0 Kudos
Tudor
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Where you want your cable entry box. Best way scrub off the marking on the pavement, go to Screwfix who sell the correct paint, paint new box on pavement where you want it. You can try VM, but it will be very frustrating and because it is contractors who do the installing they don't always get details passed over from VM (or ignore them, which is very easy!). 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos