Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 7 (97 Views)

Cable laying In NE296YJ

Hello... Could you please advise as to why your cable laying contractors have taken 4 weeks so far to lay your cable on one street where I live . The resulting mess is not acceptable , pavements are ruined , patchwork Tarmac is atrocious , safety bollards are strewn all over the place . Apart from being unsightly , it has created an unsafe area in which to live. This is a small estate in which people take a pride in their environment . Virgin media are behaving irresponsibly. 

I don't believe Richard Branson would tolerate this on his doorstep!

0 Kudos
Super solver
Message 2 of 7 (89 Views)

Re: Cable laying In NE296YJ

Cjpw wrote:

I don't believe Richard Branson would tolerate this on his doorstep!

He probably wouldn't but then his doorstep is on his Necker Island in the British Virgin Islands.  He sold Virgin Mobile to NTL in 2006 ... Liberty Global now own the business and use the name Virgin Media under licence from Branson.

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7 (75 Views)

Hi Cjpw, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that recent works in your area haven't gone to plan Smiley Sad 

I'd love to investigate this further for you. 

I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7 (59 Views)

Hi Cjpw, 

Thanks so much for coming back to me via private message with pictures and your details Smiley Happy

I have now forwarded the information over to the Growth Team. We'll get someone out to check the work performed and make sure it is up to standard. 

Once I have any update, I will let you know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7 (42 Views)

Hi Cjpw, 

Thanks for your patience on this Smiley Happy 

I've heard back from the Growth Team however they have raised it up further as it doesn't look as though this has gone to the build team yet. 

The Job Reference is: NBU 75555 but there is no information on there what so ever. 

I'm off from today but @Karen_A will chase this for you from Monday. 

Once we have any information, we'll be in touch. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7 (29 Views)

Hi Cjpw

Many thanks for allowing us the time to look into this for you.

Kath is off for a couple of days and has asked me to track this for you in her absence.

I can see that our teams have been advised and were planning on attending the site to check the status of this. I have asked them for an update on this and will get back to you as soon as they have one for us.

With respect to the CMS works, this is still with our build partners and they have advised us at present that we are unable to provide dates just yet but to check back in with them on a regular basis (usually they ask us to check bi-monthly) and we can pass on any updates they have for you when you do. Always quote the NBU reference of 75555 when you post as this means we can track the previous communications we have interacted on with the teams and it expedites the information they can provide to us for you Smiley Happy

Many thanks

Karen_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7 (11 Views)

Good morning Cjpw

Just an update to advise that the works to tidy up should be completed by the end of this week.

This is the message they sent to me yesterday.

The general tidy-up of ******** ******* is complete bar a street sweep which will be done this week. The permanent reinstatements of road crossings are also due to be done before the end of this week. That should clear up the issues raised by the forum customer. The council are aware of what we need to do and appear to be happy with it.

One of our Field Managers tried to contact Mr ****** on Friday and left a voicemail including contact details and I tried again today with another voicemail left. If we don’t hear back we will try again at the start of next week when it’s all done.

You have the NBU reference of NBU75555 and if you'd like to come back to us in a month or so we can check back in again with the teams about the status of this for you.

Thanks again and have a fab day! Smiley Very Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos