Menu
Highlighted
MissWitch2310
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cable laid on the wrong side!

So today was my installation date with Virgin broadband. Well it was clear from the start that who ever came to lay the cables prior to the appointment, failed to check where my flat was. They laid the cable on the wrong side at the wrong flat! Now those council tenants are refusing to allow them to simply run the cable across to myself. I was told by the engineer that I had to ask my other neighbor, below me for written permission to enter her garden, which I have obtained. I rang the customer service line and was told that it will not be done today and I have to wait over a week to get my new internet sorted. The cable is there, waiting to be simply MOVED. My question is, why was I not contact to make sure they were laying the cable on the right side of the flats? Why can they not contact the engineer to come back like he said he could do after getting permission? Why am I expected to wait to get a cable moved!? Not a great start after I am moving from BT to VIRGIN!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable laid on the wrong side!

The cable comes from an access "tee" where it emerges from Virgin's underground ducting. I assume they have pulled the cable to the nearest available "tee" & are trying to connect you from there. The only alternative would probably be to install a new "tee", which requires a construction contractor to come in, along with lengthy delays while council work permits are obtained.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
MissWitch2310
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable laid on the wrong side!

All thats needed is that the wire is put through my neighbors garden which I have obtained permission for. Now we will be left for 9 days with no internet or home phone! Im in a block of flats and the wires have been places at the opposite side, so we are now left waiting around to get ANOTHER installation day on the 2nd December.

0 Kudos