Menu
julia_galowicz
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

COMPLAINT

Hi,

I have been a Virgin customer for the last 5 years, have been a loyal customer even though I could get a cheaper deal through someone else. The 5 years weren't perfect as I did have to put up with much slower broadband than what they offered (over a wired connection and wireless) and some TV faults. Now as much these irritated me, I have never seriously complained. I did complain about my prices being too high last year, so I called up and managed to strike up a deal. I also mentioned to the advisor on the phone that I am looking to move house the next year to which he said there is nothing to worry about, you can have it transferred to another property or cancel if you can't get a virgin media coverage where you live. I recently called up to have my services transferred to the new address and... surprise, surprise - I can't get virgin media in my new place and I now have to pay a cancellation fee of over £400. I called up twice (both times I've been told about the terms and conditions and the small print - felt like speaking to a robot) asking to have my complaint escalated so that I can at least get a call back and some sort of a resolution or complain to Ofcom, only to find out that there is no call back and my complaint is no longer open.

I have done all that I can to have all of this resolved but no one is helping, I have even gone as far as emailing the CEO, but no response form him.

Can anyone suggest any next steps?

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: COMPLAINT

julia_galowicz wrote:

Hi,

I have been a Virgin customer for the last 5 years, have been a loyal customer even though I could get a cheaper deal through someone else. The 5 years weren't perfect as I did have to put up with much slower broadband than what they offered (over a wired connection and wireless) and some TV faults. Now as much these irritated me, I have never seriously complained. I did complain about my prices being too high last year, so I called up and managed to strike up a deal. I also mentioned to the advisor on the phone that I am looking to move house the next year to which he said there is nothing to worry about, you can have it transferred to another property or cancel if you can't get a virgin media coverage where you live. I recently called up to have my services transferred to the new address and... surprise, surprise - I can't get virgin media in my new place and I now have to pay a cancellation fee of over £400. I called up twice (both times I've been told about the terms and conditions and the small print - felt like speaking to a robot) asking to have my complaint escalated so that I can at least get a call back and some sort of a resolution or complain to Ofcom, only to find out that there is no call back and my complaint is no longer open.

I have done all that I can to have all of this resolved but no one is helping, I have even gone as far as emailing the CEO, but no response form him.

Can anyone suggest any next steps?

Now unless he said "Cancel without any charges" there isn't anything you can do, you contract terms and conditions clearly state there are fees for terminating the contract early, and even if they did say that it would likely be very hard to get any proof of this, the CEO wont respond directly, you can email the team at the CEO's office but i'm not sure where a complaint regarding terms and conditions you agreed to would even go, its fairly cut and dry in this respect

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Doesn't solve all your problems but I understood that the cancellation fee was capped at £240.00.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi julia_galowicz, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us even if your experience has been less than perfect Smiley Sad

When you sign up to a contract with us, you are agreeing for us to supply you with the services at that address for that time. As you are moving, you are technically breaking the contract. 

If you move to a cabled area, we are happy to transfer the services however this comes with a one off charge and a new 12 month contract. If you move to a non cabled area then we can set the account to cancel but this would invoke an early termination fee as you've found out. This fee is capped at £240 though so I'm not sure why you've been told it's over £400.

You can speak to the team regarding the circumstances on why you're moving though as this could mean a smaller disconnection fee or a possible write off. You can speak to them on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

In terms of a complaint, once opened, the agent you're speaking to will work to resolve it. You'd only get a call back if you've requested to speak to a manager. This would further escalate your complaint up the chain. Here's where you can view our Complaints Code of Practice

Come back and let me know how the call goes.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos