Menu
Andyday82
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

COMPLAINT

On Wednesday 30th November I received a leaflet through the post regarding virgin media bundles - the player bundle for £20 a month and the full house bundle for £30 a month.
On Thursday 1st December the engineers fitted the Broadband. I'm disappointed that the bundle has now dropped in price and would like to amend my package! I have spoke to 5 different people in various departments and I am still unhappy as nothing seems to be resolved.
I am still in the customer satisfactory period which has been explained to me however none of the 5 people I spoke seem to be able to amend my service however if I was adding to my bundle that would be straight forward as this benefits them. For a company that's won awards in customer service they don't seem to have a clue.
To make it simple I explained to one advisor that if you bought a jacket from a shop full price then the following day it was half price the customer will want to bring it back and get the jacket for half price.
My query seems very simple and easy to resolve however 1hour on the phone and 5 people later I'm still in the same position as I was and nothing has been done. can anyone please advise and help me.

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: COMPLAINT

sounds simple but thats not how it seems to work with VM - no idea which depts the 5 people you have spoken to are in - the only place to contact is retentions - if they can help they will but dont hold your breath - new customer deals are there and can change either way - the one you took went down - had it gone up would you be here trying to arrange the same deal at an extra cost - i think not

state your case to retentions but be prepared to be disappointing

as i say - thats how they seem to work

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

sounds simple but thats not how it seems to work with VM - no idea which depts the 5 people you have spoken to are in - the only place to contact is retentions - if they can help they will but dont hold your breath - new customer deals are there and can change either way - the one you took went down - had it gone up would you be here trying to arrange the same deal at an extra cost - i think not

state your case to retentions but be prepared to be disappointing

as i say - thats how they seem to work

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
Andyday82
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response Tony, surely as a new customer I should be in a position where they would want to help and resolve my dilemma quickly and efficiently! I'm still in a period where I can terminate the contract and they will get nothing. To me they are not demonstrating great customer service and as the customer this is not satisfactory. If i was part of the VM team I would understand my situation and I would simply update the price/bundle? i have spoken to 2/3 people from the sales team and other dept cancellations etc. To me it's a simple process and I have years of retail experience and it's not a difficult task for them to change my bundle! I have asked to log the complaint and a manager SHOULD call me within the next 48hrs. This didn't give me any reassurances that it will be dealt with and I'd put money on it that I will not receive a call from a manager.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Andyday82 wrote:
Thank you for your response Tony, surely as a new customer I should be in a position where they would want to help and resolve my dilemma quickly and efficiently! I'm still in a period where I can terminate the contract and they will get nothing. To me they are not demonstrating great customer service and as the customer this is not satisfactory. If i was part of the VM team I would understand my situation and I would simply update the price/bundle? i have spoken to 2/3 people from the sales team and other dept cancellations etc. To me it's a simple process and I have years of retail experience and it's not a difficult task for them to change my bundle! I have asked to log the complaint and a manager SHOULD call me within the next 48hrs. This didn't give me any reassurances that it will be dealt with and I'd put money on it that I will not receive a call from a manager.

a call from a manager will be a first - or rare - as i say and agree its not difficult but from other posts it does not work like that - you will get not a lot of help from the VM people on here - not because they dont want to but DPA gets in the way - add to that it takes them a week to get to threads so you may be out of the 14 day grace period

sad to say you are on your own - you may find someone who can do it - i personally doubt it - the way their system is set up any change to your contract even in the 14 day period will cancel any and all new customer offers - keep on at retentions - they have some latitude to do things - a different agent may see things your way

losing a customer seems not a problem to them - like red buses there will be another along soon - crazy but true

Tony
0 Kudos
Andyday82
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Is there a live chat service so I can avoid speaking to the numpties on the phone? I've been with them for 3days and they're already frustrating the hell outa me. if I don't get anywhere then it's a simple cancel it and take my custom elsewhere and they can wait for the next red bus to come a long.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

you can chat but not sure who to and whether you can cancel that way - you are also likely to get offshore and thats always interesting - retentions is UK based and they are good - stay with them

Tony
0 Kudos
lnietob
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Andyday82 wrote:
On Wednesday 30th November I received a leaflet through the post regarding virgin media bundles - the player bundle for £20 a month and the full house bundle for £30 a month.
On Thursday 1st December the engineers fitted the Broadband. I'm disappointed that the bundle has now dropped in price and would like to amend my package! I have spoke to 5 different people in various departments and I am still unhappy as nothing seems to be resolved.
I am still in the customer satisfactory period which has been explained to me however none of the 5 people I spoke seem to be able to amend my service however if I was adding to my bundle that would be straight forward as this benefits them. For a company that's won awards in customer service they don't seem to have a clue.
To make it simple I explained to one advisor that if you bought a jacket from a shop full price then the following day it was half price the customer will want to bring it back and get the jacket for half price.
My query seems very simple and easy to resolve however 1hour on the phone and 5 people later I'm still in the same position as I was and nothing has been done. can anyone please advise and help me.

Dear Andy you are not the only one. For me it's extremely bad customer service. I found the new promotion just one day after I signed the contract, as someone in front of my property offered it cheaper, so I called customer service and they told such promotion didn't exist and I didn't understood well... three weeks later the same people approached me and they didn't recognised me, so I didn't tell them I was a customer from virgin so they offered the promotion but also they write down so no excuse this time. Horrified by their despicable conduct of how they tricked me the first time! I called again to customer service and they don't care! They think because we signed a contract with them we can't do nothing more... and that's not true... we are in UK and there is the law, and several channels we can use to challenge them. Maybe we can go to tv shows like BBC ripoff Britain and explain the conduct of virgin! We also can write down to the CEO of the company and using as I say the law... in any case I know I will not renew with virgin, I really can say I have a very bad experience and I just have one month... I will use online media to let people know about this conduct and my experience!

0 Kudos