Menu
docstar
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

COMPLAINT - Awful experience - new subscriber - poor service - CANCELLED CONTRACT

Hi, thought I would put my complaint here as there seems to be no "contact us" email for complaints. Perhaps one of the Virgin Team can contact me directly with a resolve.

Here is the story:

Virgin installed their cabling in my area around 2-3 months ago, with eager anticipation I waited for the services go to live (checking their website every couple of week), at first their website stated they could supply tv & broadband but not the phone line. I waited some more and sometime in November/December Virgin were able to provide phone broadband and tv - GREAT!

As a re-seller of Virgin/Sky/Talktalk I checked a few deals that were available via VSPOT (a staff offer site) and was close to signing up. At this stage I recieved a cold call from the Virgin sales team in Nottingham who were able to offer a better deal than I was getting from the VSPOT portal - at this stage I signed up, a pre-check visit was organised for December to check the installation would be able to go ahead and an installation date of the 17th January between 1-6pm (provided the pre installation check went well).

Pre-installation visit went well and I received confirmation installation would take place on the 17th. As per conversation with the nottingham sales team who had advised me to cancel my existing service with sky once the pre-installation visit had been completed - I went ahead and cancelled all services with Sky. My phone and broadband would be cut off on the 17th and tv services on the 22nd.

The excitement builds.....until the night before the installation (16th) at 11.30pm I recieve this email:

Account number:  0000000 00
Area reference: 00

Some important news about your installation

Dear Customer,

We were looking forward to bringing you our range of superfast fibre optic services. But sadly, when our engineers looked closely at the network near your home, we realized that it may not be possible to do the installation.

We're really sorry about that, please allow us to explain.

While our engineers were preparing to install your services, they identified an issue with the cable that leads from our cabinet to your home. To continue with this work, we're in the process of having this inspected to receive confirmation that we can provide services.  We request you to give us some time to revert with an update in regards to this; one of our representatives will be in touch to discuss this once we have ascertained the availability of our services in your property.

Regards,

The Virgin Media Team

At 12 midnight my internet is cut off but the phone still works? The next morning I phone Virgin to find out what is happening only to be informed that yes, cabling was laid in my area but the box servicing the street was not networked. They were unable to give any time scale for the box to be networked and stated that it could take up to a year to be resolved!!

To cut a long story short I have had to sign back up with Sky for my broadband, get a mobile broadband dongle and pay for a top up because my broadband services with Sky with take up to two weeks to activate and spend over an hour on the phone with Virgin trying to make a complaint.

Passed from one team to another (1st pre-installs and 2nd customer services). Customer services told me the complaint should be with pre-installs, I told them that they had transferred me to them!

Bottom line is I am out of pocket, stressed out that I have lost my internet connection and that everyone in my area is getting sales calls and mail shots from Virgin when they cannot provide the services that they are selling. There seems to be no process in place to accept and deal with a complaint.

What is Virgin doing to stop the sale of broadband and tv to every customer in my area that is connected to the same "box" I am?

My first experience with Virgin has been stressful, frustrating and an absolute joke.

Regards

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: COMPLAINT - Awful experience - new subscriber - poor service - CANCELLED CONTRACT

Perhaps one of the Virgin Team can contact me directly with a resolve.

unfortunately thats not going to happen - you might get one of the VM staff coming to the thread in about a week but theres not much if anything that they can do practically - the info you have will be all they can get - the phone is your best line of contact but from what you say and know its just a waiting game

Tony
0 Kudos
docstar
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: COMPLAINT - Awful experience - new subscriber - poor service - CANCELLED CONTRACT

I was on the phone this evening for an hour - they can do nothing. One depatment send me to another each stating its the others responsibility - buck passing at its best.

What is needed is someone who will take the responsibility to resolve the issue. There seems to be no clear escalation for a complaint.

The issue is no longer for me, it is for other people that sign up who may experience the same issues I have. If there is a clear path for a complaint that puts a process in place to stop other people in my area signing up to a box that is not networked then I will have got somewhere - but no one seems to care.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

there is no email addy - the address is posted on the website but whoever writes will need patience or put another way - dont hold your breath

Complaints, Virgin Media, PO Box 333, Matrix Court, Swansea, SA7 9ZJ

Tony
0 Kudos
docstar
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I saw that on their website. However, in digital age, a company with lightening fast broadband speeds wants a customer to send a complaint via snail mail.

Perhaps I should load up the pigeons with my message instead.

Virgin is a joke.

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

docstar wrote:

Thanks, I saw that on their website. However, in digital age, a company with lightening fast broadband speeds wants a customer to send a complaint via snail mail.

Perhaps I should load up the pigeons with my message instead.

Virgin is a joke.

http://www.virginmedia.com/contact-us.html click > something else > click complaints > gives me 3 options of contact, live chat, calling them or writing, its not the ONLY way, and this took all of a single google search to locate and thats assuming you didn't even see the "contact us" link right at the bottom of this very page

docstar
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Wow that is very ignorant. The link you supplied is exactly where I got their number from. Yes live chat is there but they closed at 5pm and I called them spending over an hour on the phone getting passed pillar to post.

I am amazed that that you think you are the only one who can use google or Virgin Media's website.

My simple complaint has been the poor level of service that has been provided and that there is no clear route for a complaint and/or and decent escalation process in place to protect other potential customers from the same thing happening to them.

Perhaps you have a service from Virgin that has gone very smoothly, I on the other hand have not.
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

docstar wrote:
Wow that is very ignorant. The link you supplied is exactly where I got their number from. Yes live chat is there but they closed at 5pm and I called them spending over an hour on the phone getting passed pillar to post.

I am amazed that that you think you are the only one who can use google or Virgin Media's website.

My simple complaint has been the poor level of service that has been provided and that there is no clear route for a complaint and/or and decent escalation process in place to protect other potential customers from the same thing happening to them.

Perhaps you have a service from Virgin that has gone very smoothly, I on the other hand have not.

No i've had to make complaints over the years, and whats surprising that live chat closes at 5pm? thats what time most offices close, you can't honestly expect the complaints department to work 24/7 like the cheap indian tech support, that would cost far too much, just wait for them to open then drop them a message, as for clarity, it really doesn't get more clear than their complaints procedure http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practic... which is linked to via the link on the section i gave you, although that specific document doesn't list the chat, as its likely that to register a formal complaint you would need to speak with customer services, pretty standard fare really

0 Kudos
docstar
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

It does not surprise me that the live support closes at 5pm, I was merely stating a fact. FYI you did not give me the complaints proceedure, it is available from Virgins website which if you had read my reply you would have seen I already had.

To make a formal complaint you need to send a letter or speak to the team via their contact number. I have already done the latter. The online chat team is an extention of the customer services team (same as the contact centre) so no need to go there. Beside if you read some of the other complaints messages on this forum you will see the live help is of no help at all.

I have spoken to a manager at the contact centre, pre-install teams and the customer services team. All were of no help, just sympathetic. Which whilst nice is of no assistance much like your responses.

0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Putting silly arguments aside (it really is no help being a know it all and pointing out the obvious, especially when it is more than apparent the post creator seems to know the procedure from the statements made), this is something that to be honest you probably won't be able to send home successfully, virgin tends to stick with admit nothing, acknowledge nothing approach, I understand your upset, hopefully tho they have picked up on the issue even if they haven't confirmed it.