Menu
Highlighted
chromwel6
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

CHARGED FOR FREE UPGRADE

some time ago I was invited via email to boost my broadband from 70 - 100 FREE OF CHARGE.

I have just received my December bill & there is an added charge of 81p, I know that this is only a small amount but each con like this soon adds up.

This is not the annual price increase as this has already been added (£32.39 - £34.24) in November 2017.

Are virgin Media getting as crafty as BT with hidden charges?

Kind regards
Gaz

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: CHARGED FOR FREE UPGRADE

Hi Gaz,

I've had similar and it took me a while to get my head around this.  I think the presentation on the bill confuses things as they refer to the old speed charge and the new speed charge when I think in reality it is nothing at all to do with the free speed upgrade.

We are billed for the month ahead in advance ... in my case my September bill was in respect of the period 10th October to 9th November and was all charged at the old pre-price increase rate.  But the prices actually went up on the 1st November so Virgin are simply belatedly recovering the difference between the old price and the new price for the few days 1st November to 9th November.  Your dates will no doubt be different as we are not all billed on the same date, but the principle remains the same.

If that made any sense I can probably get away with another whisky.   Smiley Wink

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron

All Replies
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Gaz,

I've had similar and it took me a while to get my head around this.  I think the presentation on the bill confuses things as they refer to the old speed charge and the new speed charge when I think in reality it is nothing at all to do with the free speed upgrade.

We are billed for the month ahead in advance ... in my case my September bill was in respect of the period 10th October to 9th November and was all charged at the old pre-price increase rate.  But the prices actually went up on the 1st November so Virgin are simply belatedly recovering the difference between the old price and the new price for the few days 1st November to 9th November.  Your dates will no doubt be different as we are not all billed on the same date, but the principle remains the same.

If that made any sense I can probably get away with another whisky.   Smiley Wink

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
chromwel6
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply, this now makes sense (I think). Perhaps Virginmedia would make more sense if we all had a free bottle of whisky from them for Christmas, ho ho ho.