Menu
leeblake
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

CATV but no cable yet

When the development I live in was built, 18 years ago, it was built to be cable ready. We have several CATV manhole covers and seemingly the infrastructure in place for Cable in all 17 properties but we are not yet cabled up. Every search on our postcode says we can't get cable or fibre broadband.

The streets around us can get VM cable services.

How do we get our CATV infrastructure put to good use and get cable installed?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: CATV but no cable yet

Several of the original cable companies went bust before their infrastructure build was completed. As a result there are several areas with patches of abandoned build. Some are easily connectable to the existing "live" infrastructure, some are not.

The best advice (if you have not done so already) is the register at CableMyStreet along with as many neighbours as possible, & VM will then conduct a feasibility study as to whether it is economically viable to extend their network in your area.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
leeblake
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: CATV but no cable yet

SO the story continues.

After a very good talk with Virgin Media Business they confirmed ( after talking to analysis or some other department) that it would be pretty easy to get us connected. There is a house connected just across the street. I just needed to place a business order to get the spotter out and have it sorted.

Given that 11 of my neighbours have registered on Cable My Street, I thought it would be better to try and get VM (not  VM Business) to send a spotter, so if work was needed all there would be a bigger funding pool rather than going down the Virgin Business Route alone. After a great deal of back and forth, explaining our post code actually existed amongst otherthings, explaining the infrastructure etc it was agreed that a spotter would be sent out and would be in touch with me within 5 days....Yay! The manager I spoke to also said It would also be expedited through to the escalations team and she'd copy me in on the correspondence. Again Yay!

More than 10 days later still no contact, no cc's nothing.

How do we get their attention and some action rather than waiting when there are so many of us interested! The frustration is VM business will act VM seem not to have the same ability.

0 Kudos