Menu
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6 (211 Views)

Bye bye virgin....

Just had the most excruciating and painful conversation with customer support, all I wanted to find out was has my telephone along with my broadband been cancelled?

I cancelled my broadband due to a move and completely forgot to ask at the time about the phone as we are moving unfortunately to a place where there is no virgin media.

I assumed that the whole package was cancelled as the online chat which was a lot more pleasing on the ears to use and they even told me what my final bill would be, (there was no mention of the phone) they even gave me an email to use if I had any further questions  moverswebchat@virginmedia.co.uk but as yet I've had no response from the email I sent them at this address.

The woman (I think or an 8 year old) at the other end of this phone (and the other side of the world I should imagine) conversation was practically impossible to understand having had to ask her several times to repeat what she said, eventually we got there but such hard work, so its with deep regret that as from 21st April I will no longer enjoy my super fast broadband with Virgin....  bye bye...

ps at least they said I could keep the equipment :-)

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 2 of 6 (201 Views)

Re: Bye bye virgin....

Always best to speak to the Thinking of Leaving team about that sort of thing. Your equipment be good for nothing as it is locked to your old account and a Shub is not even heavy enough to make a decent door stop.
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6 (141 Views)

Hi tomcatuk, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've had a less than pleasant experience when talking to our helpline Smiley Sad 

Checking the account, all looks good from this end. 

There is a few things I'd like to check with you though so have sent you a private message to go through these. I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6 (128 Views)

Hi Steve, 

Thanks for coming back to me again via Private message on this one. 

That's all been sorted for you Smiley Happy

If you have any further issues, pop back here and let me know. I'll happily look in to things. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6 (77 Views)

Hi tomcatuk, 

Thanks for your private message Smiley Happy 

I'm sorry to hear your landline has stopped working. Checking the account, it looks as though the services are still in a 'Pending Disconnection' stat. 

The problem we have now is that any actions will take longer than the 24 hours we have before the services are disconnected. 

Have you got a different handset you can try in the socket to see if the handset is at fault? 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6 (67 Views)

Ok Kath no worries as we use our mobiles, it's normally only for incoming anyway not a big deal but just puzzling...

Anyway thanks for all your help, I just posted the question in the forum then realised you had sent me a private message duh!

Thanks once again...
Kindest Regards Steve....
0 Kudos